To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

hi

I bought the Vantage 860 what a complete waste of money :schmoll:

stick with the £80 Abu :thumbs:

Allan

confucious say

" better to by one reel at £80 that will last you 10 years than 10 reels that will last you one"

I like that

If you cant stretch to abu or daiwa, look at the okuma ones the look the mutts nutts for less than £60 :thumbs:

OK prowler 13a Flame

www.ukbass.co.uk

Sea Anglers Conservation Network

All my reels are Shimano. All were bought abroad and theerfore cheaper than UK prices bar two that were half priced. Oldest one is now 17 years old - a Bantam Crestfire multiplier. It's stil in use. starting to feel its age but it's still fine. Taken a hammering over the years I guess. I use TR-100G's on the yak. they're either ten or 17 years old. Can't remember which time I bought the buggers. Work like new. Another crestfire is ten, that's like new in use. the two fixed spool's (can't recall the model) are definately as new, and around 8 years old. My auntie only fishes with Shimano's, and runs a charter business abroad - hence I went shimano. I never have regretted it - not because i'm a tart, but because i don't think they can be bettered (though that's just an opinion).

were I buying now, it would be Shimano lever drags, perfect for trolling pike.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

Look ok I got a pair off e-bay very cheaply (£12 each) cheap versions of the 6500. Not used yet but at that price they are almost throw aways when compared with£80+ for an Abu.

Don't worry mate, you soon will be throwing them away. You can get new Abu 7000s for £40 - 50 on eday. I bought one as a spare...it lasted about 30mins before siezing and loosing me a good fish :wallbash: