What else could i do to increase my chances?

henda11

could anyone tell what i could do to increase my chances of catching more fish 2moro while im fishing.. i will be fishing for perch,tench,bream,chub and a few others..

any help is appreciated ...

thanks

PB Mirror Carp: 10lb 7oz

PB Common Carp: 7lb 7oz

could anyone tell what i could do to increase my chances of catching more fish 2moro while im fishing.. i will be fishing for perch,tench,bream,chub and a few others..

thanks

One of the best pieces of advice I was given when starting was to have a 'non fishing' session now and again. Basically go down to your venue, armed only with sunglasses and maybe binos (if its big). Have a look at potential swims, what features are there? what snags? Look around weedbeds, submerged trees, overhanging branches, are these likely spots for your chosen quarry? Look for bubbles, tail swirls, or maybe even fish on the surface. If there are small fish jumping out of the water are there predators around? (pike, perch etc). Talk to people who are fishing there, what tackle are they using? what kinds of fish have they caught? what baits are they using? Remember, if you aren't fishing were the fish are you ain't going to catch them!!

Observation is the anglers number 1 secret weapon.

Visit http://www.vstol.vstore.ca UK based suppliers of artificial lures for sea, game and coarse fishing!

thanks

You could try contacting South Shields District Angling Club see if they do any coaching.

For other coachs try

http://www.freewebs.com/atpnorthofengland/northeast.htm

Edited by rarepleasures

Tony

i will be using the float method

I asked a similar question earlier, as I mainly use the feeder and this was the response that I got.

With regards to how to get the fish feeding around your swim, you just need to keep feeding your area, small and often. I use small halibut pellet and a little hook bait every 10 minutes or so, until you can see the fish are in your swim, then just feed on every cast, making sure that you cast into the same spot every time.

Fish Surrey

Be very quite, when you approch your swim, sit well back from the bank edge, make as little noise as posible, feed small amounts of bait into the swim a little and offten, insure your float set up is correctly balanced, so that it casts well without much splash and sits at the correct depth. I.e start at the bottom of the lake after an hour if no fish, come a bit higher in the water.

Consantrate on your float , don't be distracted by thngs going on around, learn to read the swim, i.e find ot the most likely fish holding areas, (nest to weeds, deeper bits, sunken objects) you can do this with a plummet.

I hope this helps and that you catch, I find being very quite and siting well back and not on the skyline are the two most important points when float fishing.

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

One of the best pieces of advice I was given when starting was to have a 'non fishing' session now and again. Basically go down to your venue, armed only with sunglasses and maybe binos (if its big). Have a look at potential swims, what features are there? what snags? Look around weedbeds, submerged trees, overhanging branches, are these likely spots for your chosen quarry? Look for bubbles, tail swirls, or maybe even fish on the surface. If there are small fish jumping out of the water are there predators around? (pike, perch etc). Talk to people who are fishing there, what tackle are they using? what kinds of fish have they caught? what baits are they using? Remember, if you aren't fishing were the fish are you ain't going to catch them!!

Observation is the anglers number 1 secret weapon.

Agree with the above

Looking for fish activity is where it's at.....you can't catch what isn't there!

Make up some groundbait, even if that only involves taking a loaf of bread with you and throwing small bits of bread squidged up between your hands so that it sinks. Put in the groundbait and a little of whatever hookbait that you are using every so often. Remember Little and Often (depending on how it's going every 20-30 minutes is fine)

Try fishing at different depths. In general I start by fishing with a slow sinking bait. This is done by putting all the shot near to the bottom of the float and leaving a long leader down to the hook. This way if the fish are feeding near the top then you'll get bites as the bait is sinking ie quite soon after you've cast. If the fish are feeding near the bottom then it will take much longer as the bait will have to fall through the water until it reaches the bottom before the fish are likely to take it.

Once you've found the depth that you think the fish are feeding at, then you can adjust your depth and shotting positions so that you get the bait to the fish asap.

I'm guessing that you are quite new to fishing so I wouldn't worry to much about what species you are catching, having looked at what you think that you might get I'd suggest maggot as a hook bait although worm is also a good bait for all of those fish too.

What you haven't told us is whether you are fishing a lake, river or canal. Each will have it's own techniques that you will learn as you progress.

My final, and probably best bit of advice is - always, always, always set up your landing net first. You never know what you might hook on your first cast!