Ben Bares His Teeth

Could someone for the sake of good order confirm or provide evidence to the contrary that Arnold Locker mentioned here who is President of the NFFO is one and the same person who has been convicted along with his company of black fish landings. I think the public shoud be aware of the truth one way or the other

Can any of the commercial subscribers confirm this?

Fred Normandale is or will be soon president of the NFFO.

I fish to live and live to fish.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFFO obviously don't update their site very often. I just got his name from the contacts list (30 April 2007).

nffo.jpg

On another page it does say that the president is now Elizabeth Stevenson and chairman Fred Normandale.

Yes, the same Elizabeth Stevenson who runs the company that got done the other week for the "Fish Quota Scam"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/6553155.stm

She was not charged with any offences, so we'll have to assume she knew nothing about what her employees were up to.

Well that's a real can of worms opened up, I don't understand why the fraud squad was not involved, if I cooked my books I know they would be then.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

The NFFO obviously don't update their site very often. I just got his name from the contacts list (30 April 2007).

nffo.jpg

On another page it does say that the president is now Elizabeth Stevenson and chairman Fred Normandale.

Yes, the same Elizabeth Stevenson who runs the company that got done the other week for the "Fish Quota Scam"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/6553155.stm

She was not charged with any offences, so we'll have to assume she knew nothing about what her employees were up to.

According to the nffo latest news sheet, they took just 35 minutes to get ben to set aside the bass mls, wonder how long it would have taken honest people?

ps good luck fred, let's hope we don't see you in the papers for the wrong reasons.

pps got any skeletons in the cupboard?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I think BB should be challenged on his connections with people who so frequently break the law, they should be banned from holding any office outside their own mucky pit.

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Hi Ken

A similar sentiment was made in the house of Commons 2 weeks ago by an MP taking part in the fisheries debate

I sometimes despair at the short-sighted approach of a number of those in the commercial sector, who set their faces against every attempt to introduce sensible conservation measures to ensure a sustainable fishery.

It was rather regrettable—all Members will share my sadness on reading the press reports—that not only was the president of the National Federation of Fishermen's Organisations in court a while ago for breaches of quota and submitting false returns, but so was the chairman of that organisation.

That organisation will quite virulently attack the Minister and any other Member who stands up in the House and has the courage and foresight to put forward arguments in favour of the conservation of marine species.

Perhaps the NFFO needs to put its own house in order before rushing to make judgments.

Hi Ken

A similar sentiment was made in the house of Commons 2 weeks ago by an MP taking part in the fisheries debate

Hi Glen,

From the looks of it they think their house is in order and everyone else is wrong, but if BB knows their track record one would have to question his motives for having meetings with them, the whole thing stinks.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Guest challenge
Up here in Yorkshire DEFRA recently held the fisheries vision meeting. Arnold Locker chaired the meeting. It has been said by some attendees that when an RSA rep tried to speak he was blanked by the chair on almost each occasion.

Lets be faire here. For one I did not attend the meeting but neither did you glen.

I therefore have to accept your friend’s vision of what he said.

But there are people who come on this forum who have said totally different.

Darlick, John and Michele and the doctor had totally different perceptions of Arnold lockers chairing of the meeting than those of your associate. In fact just the opposite.

Edited by challenge