haired bread.

for the last 3 months or so i have been useing bread balls of around 18mm haired. with a lot of success. reckon at least 50 carp this year so far been on haired bread. PB so far is 15lbs on bread. and tench 4lbs there are of course dangers with bread. ducks have the habit of chaseing the bread. but as long as the water yu fishing in is over 2 ft this should not be a problem. the other problem is the amount of runs yu get but the hook fails to hit the fish. reckon for every 3 runs yu get one fish. on a good day the amount of runs can be over 20 . these are usually short runs of a couple of feet. then the bait is dropped by the fish. the other problem is of silver fish knawing at the bait until it becomes a small hard piece of bread. the reason a tend to squeeze the bread into a ball is to avoid the small fish takeing much of the bait. on average a bread ball will last over an hour in the water... sometimes longer .. it depends on the time of year. winter is prob the best time of year to use bread in this way.

Guest Brumagem Phil

A great idea.

Have you considered the possiblity that many of your short runs might be bream (or even more tench).....both are shy of resistance but both love bread so it would explain the numerous takes with lack of follow through.

Try leaving the bailarm open and placing a coin on top of the line to stop it spooling off your reel......just place something underneath the real to make a sound as the coin falls into it then lift into the fish.

I was fishing for carp and bream with bread and corn on a feeder with lobs on the hook and was catching just a couple of bream a night with numerous plucks and tugs at the line. By switching to the open bailarm and coin technique I upped my average to 15 or 20 bream a night.

Yeh,

Somebody else has a great mind aswell :thumbs:

At my local pool most carp are caught stalking using freelined bread, all the anglers lighl squeezed the bread on and flung it out waiting for there bite. I havent been carp fishing long only about a year and i saw somone use this first time round and well decided to try it. I got really frustrated tht th bread would come off when casting and i couldnt get it out far enough.

So once i tried to squeeze it on as tight as i could and ended up virtually with a ball i tried it and had a few tench.

So i tried rolling a ball and nicking it on and had loads of tench and even caught me first carp out of the pool which was only 7lb but the pool was well known for its diffculty of cathing any carp at all, prier to using the bread i had fished about 20 night wth only 2 dropped runs and loads of bream.

A angler actually saw me using the bread and laughed and said that its supposed to be bread flake fished not a ball, but of cause showed him likwise by hooking a tech second after chucking it in. And in half an hour of him being there i had had 6 tench and at one staged had 2 at the same time. I also hooked to 2 other fish fish either big tench or a carp which sailed of and broke me. But i showed him that how good it works.

I havent been out this year but ill definaly try haired bread as youve seemd to catch a few on it, hairing the bread never actually came to me so thanks for the idea.

But i see wat u mean by missing fish tho, i usually get a hell of a lot of bites but not catching them, i rekon sometimes the the breads been in the water so long its been washing away bits till its only slighlty on the hair or hook so when the fish goes for it it or takes it, it may fall off inpeeding the hook or the fish getts the bait but thehook doesn't move.

84854438.png

never tried this, but most of my biggest carp have all come to bread, including my pb of 23lb 12oz,

caught on the bottom on half a slice of bread, with the crust pulled of and rolled around the hook, then squeesed down, dampened then fished on a waggler over depth on the bottom, had many carp

from a water down in dawlsh devon, that i fish for a week once a year.

never tried this, but most of my biggest carp have all come to bread, including my pb of 23lb 12oz,

caught on the bottom on half a slice of bread, with the crust pulled of and rolled around the hook, then squeesed down, dampened then fished on a waggler over depth on the bottom, had many carp

from a water down in dawlsh devon, that i fish for a week once a year.

I don't fish for carp anymore, but when I did I only ever used bread or dog biscuits, but not hair rigged. Just a controller float a swivel and a hook.I never blanked once fishing for carp.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote