Stour and Orwell recreational fishery why it failed.

wurzel

Could have been a win win result.

Instead it was engineered to be a lose lose result.

It may just take a while for some to realise just how much unintended damage they have done to themselves.

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEAR, HEAR!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

sam-cox:

I heard on the vine that wiskers was used as a example, the other commercials basicaly just didnt want the recreational sea angling only plans to go ahead. Short sited I feel, more fish would benifit us all.

I think Whiskers lives in a house boat down at the ferry while the rest of the commercial's live in houses.

Could this be a reason why he was used as an example - The poor fisherman who struggles to make a living.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

its only what i heard.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Whiskers does not live in a house boat, and he defently aint poor, and I can't remember any one ever saying he was, it is well known that he likes the odd pint, he has always been a seasonal fisherman, working the summer months.

At least while he is jobing around onshore he isn't catching your precious bass.

Leon

please explain unintended damage that we have done to our selves.

I fish to live and live to fish.

I do not think that any genuin commercial fisherman would delibratly catch so many fish as to put himself out of buisness, but thats what the indestry has done as a whole. We are to good at it now, maybe if we took every bodys gps plotters, radars, engines, and vhfs away and made all fishing boats use sale power, all netts nylon not mono there would be more fish of better size.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

more bass in the sea than ever before, i would just like them to be bigger.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

wurzel:

please explain unintended damage that we have done to our selves.

Sorry Wurzel, I've been thinking about explaining some things, but that would mean breaking some confidences which I don't do.

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I can't argue with that Sam, so would I.

Leon

Ive read some of your attachment, I still say they are only after your money.

I noticed you are mentioned in dispatches.

The discussion was a bit one sided as there was no comercial fishermen there to defend them selves.

I noticed the dreaded wall of death mentioned, I wish I new were I could get one,

There was reference to 60 charter boats fishing in the Thames estaury, do you not think they might have had some effect?

Some thing to think on,

Say the Stour and Orwell recreational fishery was up and running, 10 anglers catch 2 x 4lb bass = 80lb x 7 days = 560lb x 5 months = 11200lb = aprox 5 ton,

I would be very suprised if whiskers ever caught more than 1.5 tons in any one season.

I say again the Stour and Orwell will not sustain a large angling center.

I fish to live and live to fish.