help needed! problem with my hook lengths

Vas

yeah i did mate i even got magnifying glass last time to check for that! maybe there just lots of pike, sharp mussels like you and other people say. But iv seen some fisher man down there fishing for bream on lob worm and no one ever complained but then again i never asked them specificity if they having pike / mussless problem . It is stretch that belongs to Angling Club and has matches on it like every week

I have fished about 8 miles away from that swim on same river, never lost a fish but i never hooked anything big there just 3-4lb bream and usual perch. However i did lose a few hooks on nags, and all of them came off so easily. Deffo not normal

@ Andy_1984

ahah i may aswel!

Edited by Vas

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

thats crazy i always though the only reason you catch pike is when its going for a smaller fish that you have hooked, some of it deffo could be pike then as im fishing on two big lob worms.

I know two waters (Wingham and my local pond) where the pike will regularly pick up popped up fake maggots! Typically you get a screaming run, pick the rod up, feel the weight for just a second and then reel in and your hook link is cleanly cut. Occasionally you get them in. Funny things, pike, you wouldn't think they would be attracted to a couple of small, still, rubber grubs, but they are.