Did anyone..........

Polly

...... manage to get out at the weekend or like me did the November-esque weather condemn us all to doing the jobs at home we've all been putting off for weeks. It rained solid for almost the whole three days and I just cannot abide setting up in the rain cos everything gets damp and then no matter how hard I try I just cannot enjoy the session. I'm quite happy to fish in ANY weather but need to set up and get landed in the dry.

If anyone did get on the bank did the fish show up or did the colder weather put them off too?

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

...... manage to get out at the weekend or like me did the November-esque weather condemn us all to doing the jobs at home we've all been putting off for weeks. It rained solid for almost the whole three days and I just cannot abide setting up in the rain cos everything gets damp and then no matter how hard I try I just cannot enjoy the session. I'm quite happy to fish in ANY weather but need to set up and get landed in the dry.

If anyone did get on the bank did the fish show up or did the colder weather put them off too?

Same as you mate, sat inside watching the heavy heavy rain, dreaming of being on the bank bivvy'd up on a nice evening.

Know what you mean about setting up and breaking down it the wet, don't mind if it rains during a session, but if you set up in the rain, every thing is soaked for the duration.

I do not mind setting up in the rain if i am their for a weekend sessoin, as you get a chance to dry stuff out, i take a lenght of rope or cord and a pole to act as a washing line. Get some weird looks but at least i get dry gear. Do not really like going fishing fora day and its raining.

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

The lake I'm fishing doesn't open until this Fri but I'll be there opening night, whatever the weather. My last overnighter I got soaked setting up, caught nowt, and got soaked again packing up 16 hours later. The only time I really hate that is in the winter when you never really dry out.

Rob.

Feels like it is winter here Rob, maybe I should have stayed up your way and not moved to kent!!!!

Don't mind it cold or a bit wet, but the one thing that realy bugs me is when it is windy or blowing a gale.

Was fishing up at Mepal in the fens a few years back and it was a bit wet and windy, then the wind changed direction, started howling a gale and the rain came down like nothing else on earth and it was aimed straight at my bivvy door blowing level off the lake. After it all ended in the evening, it then proceeded to freeze to a few below zero.

Feels like it is winter here Rob, maybe I should have stayed up your way and not moved to kent!!!!

Don't mind it cold or a bit wet, but the one thing that realy bugs me is when it is windy or blowing a gale.

Was fishing up at Mepal in the fens a few years back and it was a bit wet and windy, then the wind changed direction, started howling a gale and the rain came down like nothing else on earth and it was aimed straight at my bivvy door blowing level off the lake. After it all ended in the evening, it then proceeded to freeze to a few below zero.

We've all had sessions like that............

I did a few years back when fishing lake two on the Woolpack. My brother an I had spent a whole day the previous weekend "digging" a two man peg into a almost vertical bank. It looked fantastic when we'd finished but we hadn't legislated for the 16 hours of torrential rain and face-on howling wind we'd encounter. We got through the night somehow, but it was like a Somme battlefied by morning. Neither of us used bivvies (not enough space) just butted our brollies up together and sat all night. Matters made worse because I had run after run all night and missed the lot. Horrendous session and to this day do not know how we managed to stick it out, think it was probably cos we could not get out of the peg due to the mud and steep bank!!!!

Also froze to my chair one night in October (year unknown!!!) when I fell asleep (God knows how!!!) bream fishing on lake three at the Woolpack. My mate thought it was hilarious when I woke up covered in frost, went to stand up and my chair went with me.

The things we go through to catch fish hey??

Run after run ?????

We are talking about the same Woolpack??????

Must of be one of them odd days when it switched on :clap2:

We are indeed................. I think!!!

It was many years (maybe 18-20) ago though and much has changed down there now. The peg we dug out barely got fished after that and is now completely overgrown again. It's the VERY furthest point from the car park (lake two) just as you leave the fishery to go towards the little stream & metal bridge. I sometimes go for a stroll with the dog and chuckle as I walk passed the spot. Can't remember how many fish I missed that night but it was at least half a dozen. Think it felt like more cos little bruvver who sat right alongside me didn't get a touch on either rod all night and he got really peeee'd off with everything !!!!

We are indeed................. I think!!!

It was many years (maybe 18-20) ago though and much has changed down there now. The peg we dug out barely got fished after that and is now completely overgrown again. It's the VERY furthest point from the car park (lake two) just as you leave the fishery to go towards the little stream & metal bridge. I sometimes go for a stroll with the dog and chuckle as I walk passed the spot. Can't remember how many fish I missed that night but it was at least half a dozen. Think it felt like more cos little bruvver who sat right alongside me didn't get a touch on either rod all night and he got really peeee'd off with everything !!!!

I havn't been there since the year before last, don't know what it's like now.

It is a nice place though, just never seemed to be able to snaffle any out every time I went, but the last time my son had a nice sized tench.

Must confess it has been the only place that has ever beat me, blanked every time.

I must be mad, but I did sit out in all that rain. Saturday would have been ok, except I managed to throw myself into the water (don't ask). Fishing wise, seems like I chose the wrong peg as I had 3 fish all day, whilst a carper at the over end of the pond claimed 90lb+ of carp *d'oh*

Sunday .... sat and waited for a bite, and waited .....and waited ..... nothing doing.

Monday, gave up and watched the TV instead *lol*

Funny how sometimes the rain kills it or things really come to life. I'm blaming the bitter north wind and drop in temperatures!