ADVICE NEEDED

dbrennan

Hi dave,

this is my first post on this forum having lurked in shadows for some time but i thought i could you give some good advice on this one. I have a Gumotex sunny 390 and it's a great boat. I've been kayaking for 25 years now both on the sea and freshwater and bought this one as, like you, I didn't have the space for a hard shell at the time. I was amazed how stable and fast this inflatable was and with the skeg (essential) it tracks really well, but turns easy too. It takes about 15 minutes to set up, the seats take the longest, and in single mode has bags of room.

I live in cornwall and paddle the coastline alot, it's a surprisingly seaworthy boat ( i've been out in some decent swells in it) but you do have to bail every now and then. The best thing is my wife can drop me off in her little car with no roof rack and then pick me up a few miles down the coast. I fish alot from it, mainly trollling plugs with two rods in a crate behind the seat, you do have to be careful of hooks of course, I unhook my fish over the side with my feet dangling in the water. The material is very tough, I've tried to puncture a small piece of the repair patch you get with it and you really have to pull the hook hard to piece it.

As i said i've been a paddler for 25 years and have paddled many kayaks but the sunny for it's versatility has to be one of my alltime favorite boats. Don't be put of by people who haven't paddled one, these aren't your average inflatable.

Nick.

with the last post from spinlight I stand corrected sound very good :thumbs:

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

Hi dave,

this is my first post on this forum having lurked in shadows for some time but i thought i could you give some good advice on this one. I have a Gumotex sunny 390 and it's a great boat. I've been kayaking for 25 years now both on the sea and freshwater and bought this one as, like you, I didn't have the space for a hard shell at the time. I was amazed how stable and fast this inflatable was and with the skeg (essential) it tracks really well, but turns easy too. It takes about 15 minutes to set up, the seats take the longest, and in single mode has bags of room.

I live in cornwall and paddle the coastline alot, it's a surprisingly seaworthy boat ( i've been out in some decent swells in it) but you do have to bail every now and then. The best thing is my wife can drop me off in her little car with no roof rack and then pick me up a few miles down the coast. I fish alot from it, mainly trollling plugs with two rods in a crate behind the seat, you do have to be careful of hooks of course, I unhook my fish over the side with my feet dangling in the water. The material is very tough, I've tried to puncture a small piece of the repair patch you get with it and you really have to pull the hook hard to piece it.

As i said i've been a paddler for 25 years and have paddled many kayaks but the sunny for it's versatility has to be one of my alltime favorite boats. Don't be put of by people who haven't paddled one, these aren't your average inflatable.

Nick.

Hi Nick

Thanks for the advice and glowing review (you don't work for Gumotex do you?) from what you said it sound exactly like what I am looking for. I will post on how I get on when I get it.

Cheers again.

Dave.