ADVICE NEEDED

dbrennan

Hi

I am thinking about getting an inflatable to fish on my local canal there are several large basins and bays accessable only by boat which just scream fish here, anyway I was thinking maybe this one

Gumotex Sunny 390 Inflatable http://www.inflatable-kayaks.co.uk/gumotex-sunny-390.htm

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dave

what is you main reason for wanting an inflatable ?

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

Hi

I am thinking about getting an inflatable to fish on my local canal there are several large basins and bays accessable only by boat which just scream fish here, anyway I was thinking maybe this one

Gumotex Sunny 390 Inflatable http://www.inflatable-kayaks.co.uk/gumotex-sunny-390.htm

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Not sure about using an inflatable, would think that hook or lure would snag very easily, wouldnt like to be on the water with a leaky inflatable :unsure: . Lidl have some inflatables coming up for next thursday, here http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/c....P8A2MBU01RUP4OD

Saying that though, 350 squid for an inflatable seems daft, when you could pick up a second hand rigid SOT or even new. Sometimes a bargain comes up on ebay or some of the better suppliers have demo yaks up for sale, worth checking methinks.

Edited by kennosen

Not sure about using an inflatable, would think that hook or lure would snag very easily, wouldnt like to be on the water with a leaky inflatable :unsure: . Lidl have some inflatables coming up for next thursday, here http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/c....P8A2MBU01RUP4OD

Saying that though, 350 squid for an inflatable seems daft, when you could pick up a second hand rigid SOT or even new. Sometimes a bargain comes up on ebay or some of the better suppliers have demo yaks up for sale, worth checking methinks.

I Dont drive or have the space to store a rigid and will only be coarse fishing so using tiny hooks size 16 - 22

I Dont drive or have the space to store a rigid and will only be coarse fishing so using tiny hooks size 16 - 22

i would'nt give £35 for that looks cheap and nasty better off buying a inflatable dingy from the beach shop probably last longer :thumbdown:

I'd have to agree £350 for an inflatable seems a lot of money, if your havent got much storage space and only intend to use it on the canel have a look at a yakboard or similar they're only about 2.4m (8ft)long and weigh about 20kg (about 5 kg more than the inflatable)which is carryable if you don't have miles to go.If you have to have an inflatable i it looks a reasonable choice, its made of hyperlon which i believe a lot of ribs are made of so it should be fairly strong.even though its only 15 kg i reckon it'll be a bit of a pig to carry inflated if your on your own though.

Edited by snakey1

I'm not saying it can't be done, but hooks whatever size do not go with an inflatable that is my opinion for what it's worth sorry

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

The material on some inflatables is quite thick.. I think there are a few members here who fish from them. In the picture gallery at Starvin's site, www.anglersafloat.co.uk there is a photo of an inflatable kayak with an outboard on the back - don't know which model it is though.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Those Lidl offers look good. I fancy the £80 kayak, the paddle and the dry bag!

Aye the bag is good value, and the split paddle is a definite. Been looking for one like that to stow for emergencies for a while, though I dont intend to lose my main.