Forum display problems...

luckyjim

Hi all (and especially mods!),

I really enjoy this forum, and get a lot out of it (even if I rarely have the expertise or experience to contribute!).

However, over the last month or so, I think since the introduction of the advertising panel down the left hand side, the pages rarely load fully on my browser. Usually three of four posts come up and then it gets cut off mid-topic. Sometimes if I reload the page it appears in full, but its really becoming a hassle.

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? Not wanting to complain when people evidently put so much work in but it would be a shame if a technical problem stopped people visiting!

It doesn't seem to be a completely isolated problem, there's a couple of suggestions here, but it may or may not work for you.

Have you tried it without the menu on the left? Select a different skin from the drop down box bottom left of the page.

Hi Jim,

As Ayjay says, the easiest solution would be to switch off the ads on the side by changing to the alternative layout.

What browser are you using? I'm currently using Firefox and IE7, but I can't get it to replicate your problem in either browser :(

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I also can`t replicate the error in:

Firefox 2.0.0.4

Internet Exploder Explorer 6.0.2900.2180

Opera 9.21

Netscape 8.1.3

And I extensively tested the skin before uploading it to the forums (I created it)

Si,

I'm wondering if it's a firewall/AV type problem, as somebody else mentioned the same thing?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Oddly I have the same problem when I access at work. No problems from home though... Perhaps its just the internet police at work trying to make me do some work. <_<

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery