DVD RW types ?

RobStubbs

OK, I lied. (Not really :rolleyes:)

Which bit is not true?

The bit that says that you need to use packet writing software to use RW disks. I always use Nero to write mine, just like they were -R or +R disks. RW disks are not meant to be used as long term storage, but are useful for checking your latest and greatest DVD composition on a normal DVD player before you commit to something more permanent. As I have posted in the past, for long term storage it would be better to use DVD-RAM as this is a magneto-optical technology which is much more reliable. Even better do what I did and by an old DLT drive off ebay.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Hi all

i always use nero with -R if your backing up any of your dvd`s etc and only really use RW for transfering data from one pc to another or use RW for checking if the finished data works and that way your not wasting a good-R.

+R i don`t use but they are supposed to have a better max amount of mgs but some normal players won`t see them(home dvd player etc)

in my opinion -R is the best all round if your backing up pictures,but for dvd content they can be prone to some failure rate(my opinon):)

dual layer isn`t worth the money unless i guess its pictures your backing up etc but at around 10-15 pound a disc`its not worth it.

maxell`s are my fav.

cdcopy world could give more insight(if its still called that):)_

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg