a fishy weekend

Alan Taylor

Hi all,

what a great weekend, I was crew on the Gemeni Sat & Sun. On the Saturday one of the clients had an 18lb Cod and everyone else caught Cod the average must have been around 8 to 10lb. Albert and I had a fairly poor day, I had 4 and he 3. Albert said he would beat me on Sunday and did he ever he had 11 good fish to my 4 BUT I had 2 x 10lb and 1 x 13lb 8oz a new pb for me since I have been in Holland. What a fight, I was using a 150gr lead head with a gold shad to 30lb braid, I could feel everything all the way up, a megga experience. One of the clients had a 12lb Cod and only one angler did not catch so I gave him one of mine to take home :)

I will try and post a picture Posted Imageand now for the filleting :(Posted Image

How was your fishing over the Easter?

Cheers

Alan

[ 13. April 2004, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magic Alan

Our first Wrecking trip isn't till June but it's good to see your at it.

Sounds like a good Easter off the shores of Holland. Keep the photos coming as I can smell the sea air and feel the movement of the boat. Did you get to use your own pirks and if so what was the magic colours on the day.

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

Well done Chris and Alan, Hey Alan, are you putting on a wee bit of weight.... :D or is your camera on panoramic mode. I didn't fish at the weekend.but was up at BH working on my boat. There was a horrific accident outside the pub at the top of the hill,seemingly according to the other club members there are 3 dead,and one of the club members lost both his legs,and its a 30mph limit there. Wish I'd gone to Lochaline with the 2 Davys,as asked. :( Went to a carboot in Edinburgh on Sunday,spent nearly £200 on fishing gear. :D

[ 13. April 2004, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

macky1:

had a good day meself but on the beach

had 4 cod 2x2.5lb, a 3lb and a 4.5lb

have some good pics but not sure how to post them...

macky

Thats a brilliant catch from the beach, you must be well pleased with yourself :)

Norrie, what can I say :( what a tragic thing to happen.

Not putting on weight mate just well padded up, sunbathing on the way back in though it was brilliant weather :cool:

John E, we were fishing just this side of the line that divides the N.Sea between England and Holland. My Norwegian pirks worked well on the Sat (just shined up) but the lead heads worked on both days. Baits (lug and Razor) fished well both days.

Nice of you to post his pics for him

Cheers

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Easter for us was also Good. We drove 6 1/2 hours from Wuerzburg/Kitzingen to Fehmarn, Germany. We were out on Saturday morning and we had 8 fish on the boat to 12lb. on 125 gr.lead head blue/white lure. On Sunday, we did not get a bite. We were out again early on Monday as we had to drive back home. We placed 18 fish onboard to 10 lb. on the same size jig head, but on yellow/black lure. All together we had a GREAT TIME and we hope to do it again.

HOPPY4

HOPPY

Sounds like a good Saturday/Monday Hoppy4. What species?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President