Rights Are Being Eroded - Peeler Crab Licence

glennk

Slowly but surely the rights of the countries sea anglers are being eroded. In the past few days in the north east it has now become illegal to take velvet crabs - including peelers from our shoreline without a licence. With the marine bill edging slowly forward and the RSA strategy soon to follow the future sure looks bleak for us sea anglers.

See:

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news?articleid=2930821

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13412

Edited by glennk

Slowly but surely the rights of the countries sea anglers are being eroded. In the past few days in the north east it has now become illegal to take velvet crabs - including peelers from our shoreline without a licence. With the marine bill edging slowly forward and the RSA strategy soon to follow the future sure looks bleak for us sea anglers.

See:

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news?articleid=2930821

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13412

liked the bit where the environment officer stated that children taking crabs will be spoken to on an educational basis. So that must mean when you now see the kids with their familes on a day out crabbing, to be told, no you are not allowed to do that any longer. Absolutly disgusting.

This stinks of preservation of the stock to the few who have a licence and sod every one else. What about the ordinaries who would go to the coast with the crab pot to take some home for personal use. Disgusting in my mind.

I wonder how many on that committee who have a commercial pot licence and friends with the same drafted up this draconian by-law. Within this report it states that you would have a job to walk on the seabed without stepping on welks for example, conservation, i don't think so. If this is the standerd that is being set, roll on this years fish quota and i thought the greenies were the ones to watch.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

It would appear it has little to do with the Marine Bill, as already stated nothing to do with conservation apart from conserving stocks for licence holders, typical SFC crap to put it bluntly.

We should bring in a law to disband them idiots.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

It would appear it has little to do with the Marine Bill, as already stated nothing to do with conservation apart from conserving stocks for licence holders, typical SFC crap to put it bluntly.

We should bring in a law to disband them idiots.

I think i am the idiot. The day before yesterday, after a lot of deliberation on my part within the marine bill consultation, i supported sfc's to increase their power and to appeal not to decrease them from 12 to 6 on the basis that they would become a regional body instead of a local one to deal with local issues. Based on the crap desision to bring this bylaw in i feel that i have been mugged. I should have realised that the other crap desision by the sw sfc regarding bag limmits was not a one off. Stupid me. :yucky::headhurt::angry:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I think i am the idiot. The day before yesterday, after a lot of deliberation on my part within the marine bill consultation, i supported sfc's to increase their power and to appeal not to decrease them from 12 to 6 on the basis that they would become a regional body instead of a local one to deal with local issues. Based on the crap desision to bring this bylaw in i feel that i have been mugged. I should have realised that the other crap desision by the sw sfc regarding bag limmits was not a one off. Stupid me. :yucky::headhurt::angry:

If the SFCs had a balance of opinions, example proportional representation so that RSAs had a good shout then 12 would be better than 6 so that local issues could be dealt with by people in the area.

I know I keep bring up the Cfyn Sidan issue but for me and other locals it is very important.

Here is a prime example of stupidity brought about by SWSFC. Because in their wisdom they saw fit to issue 1500 licenses for cockling which resulted in a disastrous situation, Carmarthen County Council decided to close the beach to all vehicles. I being a permit holder along with others were then denied access to the beach which is over twelve miles long with the best marks well beyond even the fittest RSA.

Now I can see Carmarthen County Council side, policing it and cleaning up after this rabble was a costly exercises but a total ban on all vehicles was not necessary. There was no consultation with local permit holders the first I knew of this action was a letter stating that the entrance would be closed and vehicles were no longer allowed on the beach.

Now within Pembrey Park there is an entrance with wardens who's salaries are paid for out of local council rates, surely it would have been better to say that this was to be the only access point and the fee for access £5 per visit or £50 for a seasonal permit. Most RSAs locally pay more than that for one charter so in my book it is not a vast amount to lay out for access to a prime shore mark and the income would go towards paying the wardens cost.

Now the real joke is SWSFC is made up from members of Carmarthen County Council so they must have voted for the issuing of the licenses, they then go back to their other office and vote to close the beach. :wallbash:

Now having spent best part of my life in planning and quality assurance I look at this mess and see no planning, no quality control just a complete screwed up situation by nothing less than a pack of idiots.

Edit ** This got me so wound up in order to chill out I had to fire it of to local media, BB and Carmarthen County Council, feel a lot better now :D:D

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

eat.gif

Petals Florist

If the SFCs had a balance of opinions, example proportional representation so that RSAs had a good shout then 12 would be better than 6 so that local issues could be dealt with by people in the area.

I know I keep bring up the Cfyn Sidan issue but for me and other locals it is very important.

Here is a prime example of stupidity brought about by SWSFC. Because in their wisdom they saw fit to issue 1500 licenses for cockling which resulted in a disastrous situation, Carmarthen County Council decided to close the beach to all vehicles. I being a permit holder along with others were then denied access to the beach which is over twelve miles long with the best marks well beyond even the fittest RSA.

Now I can see Carmarthen County Council side, policing it and cleaning up after this rabble was a costly exercises but a total ban on all vehicles was not necessary. There was no consultation with local permit holders the first I knew of this action was a letter stating that the entrance would be closed and vehicles were no longer allowed on the beach.

Now within Pembrey Park there is an entrance with wardens who's salaries are paid for out of local council rates, surely it would have been better to say that this was to be the only access point and the fee for access £5 per visit or £50 for a seasonal permit. Most RSAs locally pay more than that for one charter so in my book it is not a vast amount to lay out for access to a prime shore mark and the income would go towards paying the wardens cost.

Now the real joke is SWSFC is made up from members of Carmarthen County Council so they must have voted for the issuing of the licenses, they then go back to their other office and vote to close the beach. :wallbash:

Now having spent best part of my life in planning and quality assurance I look at this mess and see no planning, no quality control just a complete screwed up situation by nothing less than a pack of idiots.

Edit ** This got me so wound up in order to chill out I had to fire it of to local media, BB and Carmarthen County Council, feel a lot better now :D:D

I have read this problem from your previous posts Ken. It is the same sfc who have bucked the trend regarding bag limits. I wonder why they wish to be different from the other sfc's, perhaps it is within their make up. I thought it was the sfc's responsibility to police the shell fishers so they have let you down badly. The local council have let you down and others by restricting right of access. You sure they haven't broken the law. If the council have wardens on site, what were they upto. Sounds like they want the sack as well. Good luck with your letters.

I have read this problem from your previous posts Ken. It is the same sfc who have bucked the trend regarding bag limits. I wonder why they wish to be different from the other sfc's, perhaps it is within their make up. I thought it was the sfc's responsibility to police the shell fishers so they have let you down badly. The local council have let you down and others by restricting right of access. You sure they haven't broken the law. If the council have wardens on site, what were they upto. Sounds like they want the sack as well. Good luck with your letters.

The wardens were busy on each ebb putting out a double row of road cones over a mile long and each flood tide picking the damn things up.

You may have a point on the law, for years there has been an access point at the end of a public road, they then introduced a permit for the beach which was free but you had to declare your reasons for taking a 4x4 on the beach. This was not policed very well and there were some idiots going down and racing about with quad bikes, the speed limit was 15mph which they totally ignored. There was talk of blocking it off with a gate and issuing keys to permit holders. Then came the disaster with the cockling crew and every one was banned and a large number of big rocks were used to block the entrance off.

It gets even worse, we held a Wales v England match down there recently we did gain access via Pembrey Park but we had to take out £500,000-00p public liability insurance and inform the police because it was a gathering of more than twenty people.

Any tom, dick or harry can walk onto the beach and fish without insurance and quite often there are twenty plus anglers along the half mile stretch which is reachable on foot, just does not make sense.

I would pay to have the privilege of taking my 4x4 on and so would others, no different from paying to go onto a pier and they would derive a good income towards the cost of wardens and lifeguards.

If I keep on bombing them and anyone else I can think of with letters, faxes and emails I might hit the right button one day.

eat.gif

Petals Florist