Float rod

Kappa

I'm still looking for a new rod...

I was thinking of getting the John Wilson Avon quiver system, thought I'm not sure this will be light enough for stick float fishing for roach etc! Anyone got one? If not any recommendations for a nice cheapish long float rod for trotting with my pin?

Rich

I had one, and sold it on ebay, didn't like it at all as a trotting rod, the rings are set too close to the blank, and gave problems with line sticking to the blank.

Trying to cast off the reel with a centrepin gave me similar problems.

Mat

Mat

I chose the Leeda 12ft Concept Carp Match Rod for a mate who was looking for an allround float rod. Money wasn't an object and we looked at several rods costing upto £100 and this one came out as the best choice. It was only £29.99 at the time.

The rod is labelled as a carp match rod but I think Leeda had F1s and puddle carp in mind. I definitely wasn't made for bullying the Two-Tones of this world. It is perfect for Trout, Perch, Roach etc. in rivers or stillwaters. I've used the rod several times and it is a joy to use.

I found one online for £22.99, which I reckon is virtually throwing it away. It really is a nice rod and I couldn't see anyone having a problem with it in their hands.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I chose the Leeda 12ft Concept Carp Match Rod for a mate who was looking for an allround float rod. Money wasn't an object and we looked at several rods costing upto £100 and this one came out as the best choice. It was only £29.99 at the time.

The rod is labelled as a carp match rod but I think Leeda had F1s and puddle carp in mind. I definitely wasn't made for bullying the Two-Tones of this world. It is perfect for Trout, Perch, Roach etc. in rivers or stillwaters. I've used the rod several times and it is a joy to use.

I found one online for £22.99, which I reckon is virtually throwing it away. It really is a nice rod and I couldn't see anyone having a problem with it in their hands.

What about the Leeda Assassin III it comes as 13-15ft or 15-17ft model? i don't want to spend a fortune as I won't use it loads!

Rich

Hey Rich

Last year I bought one of the Normark Crusader Ultra Match 13ft rods (see here for a bargain: http://www.tacklebargains.co.uk/acatalog/O...h_Rods_11.html). Might be more than you want to spend but it's very good trotting with a pin.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

If you are looking for decent float rods for not much money, I'm very happy with my Simano Nexave 13" match rod!

has a nice fine tip, handles roach fine, caught my PB crucian on it last summer! I've also used it on faster water for grayling and I've also landed an accidental double figure carp on it.

Mat

Mat

Guest tigger
I'm still looking for a new rod...

I was thinking of getting the John Wilson Avon quiver system, thought I'm not sure this will be light enough for stick float fishing for roach etc! Anyone got one? If not any recommendations for a nice cheapish long float rod for trotting with my pin?

Rich

What do you call cheapish and what do you call long ? My m8 has a brand new Preston 17ft'er unused.

if your interested I'll ask him what he 's looking for it.

What about the Leeda Assassin III it comes as 13-15ft or 15-17ft model? i don't want to spend a fortune as I won't use it loads!

Rich

If its anything like the assassin II I have, then I don't think you'll go for wrong with it. It's a nice rod that I use a lot and have caught barbel and the odd double figure carp on it.

Rich

Jigotai seems to like the Assassin II. I've seen them but I've never used one so I can't comment. If it's anywhere as nice to use as the Concept, it'll be alright I would think. The only thing that annoys me a little about the Concept was the label on the butt. It was a bit loud for my minimalist tastes.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Rich

I have a Assassin II but as a newbie I've nothing to compare it with. It certainly handles big fish. I did read a review on Fishing Magic that said it was a bit heavy for its class. The Assassin III is supposed to be better.

The Fishing Magic site appears to have a few problems at the moment but using Google cache heres the reviews for the JW Avon

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:_aqEgFv...son+Avon+quiver

Edited by rarepleasures

Tony