Ref: Ilfracombe Trip

ChrisW

Hi all,

Concerning the above, I have been having problems with my internet server so I am in the process of changing over. I will be right on the above trip as soon as I am on line on my own PC.

I am looking for a midday high tide on a Sunday so if anybody has a North Devon tide timetable and have a preference for a date just leave a message here or contact me via my phone numbers for those who have them.

Thanks

Tight lines

Chris

Hi Chris,

Just for info:Will this be on a catch and release basis ? (Bass specifically)

Cheers Jon.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

hi chris

tides are around 12 midday from today every fortnight ;)

sorry too hear your not coming gilbo was looking forward too meeting up again, how about that meadfoot jaunt?? no chance of seeing you in the channel then for the thornbacks?

Edited by headshine

Hi Guys,

Musket bass are certaintly on a catch and release when undersize and agree with your opions on this subject but as always its down to the individual I personnally feel that unless you are going to eat the fish caught it goes back. Gilbo you should have no worries about the north coast and fishing Ilfracombe waters, as it is my childhood fishing grounds I know the area and where to stay close in which is going to be where the fishing will be taking place. As there seems to be a few of us interested in going its safety in numbers, and the weather always has the final say. There is sheltered fishing around the harbour area.

Cheers for the info gra I will give you a ring nearer the time.

Chris

Edited by ChrisW

A couple of us are planning a touring/fishing trip down to Coombe Martin from Minehead way. That stretch of the coast - the more the merrier provided you can keep your bum in your seat.

No dates yet - kayak for one member hasn't been unloaded yet! This week it comes. He has a Marlin on order and we are just waiting for Customs to release the container. Probably mid July.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

A couple of us are planning a touring/fishing trip down to Coombe Martin from Minehead way. That stretch of the coast - the more the merrier provided you can keep your bum in your seat.

No dates yet - kayak for one member hasn't been unloaded yet! This week it comes. He has a Marlin on order and we are just waiting for Customs to release the container. Probably mid July.

Hi Simon,

Check any charts you may have for that coast as there is a nasty rip tide always running up and down there which at times comes in very very close to the shore. You will be 1/2 miles down the coast before you know it.

Anyway guys as for the date Im just waiting for this awful weather to calm down a little but I am looking around the middle/end of July.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

The date for the Ilfracombe trip is the 22nd July. The high tide is going to be around the 11:30am mark.

If you are interested in coming alon can you please let me know via this forum so i can contact you indivudally concerning times, meet ups if required and bait.

Of course weather permitting as per usal but going by the Gorran Haven conditions it will need to be rough to put us off.

All the best

Chris

Hi Chris - going with the flow will be a breeze! Rounding Hartland at or close to slac should be fine and Ok even during the main run of tide provided there isn't wind over tide.

Going to try and make a couple of days out of it. i would go out to lundy, but i don't know how accomplished the others are....

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hi all,

The date for the Ilfracombe trip is the 22nd July. The high tide is going to be around the 11:30am mark.

If you are interested in coming alon can you please let me know via this forum so i can contact you indivudally concerning times, meet ups if required and bait.

Of course weather permitting as per usal but going by the Gorran Haven conditions it will need to be rough to put us off.

All the best

Chris

HI Chris sorry can't make this one on Holiday for two weeks :schmoll: what a bummer :wallbash:

anglersnetsig.jpg