Whitby is a fantastic place

big_cod

Haveing read the thread which is now closed i am embarased why certain elements which have no angling interest at heart and still continue to por scorn on whitby , whitby is a fantastic place a beautiful town which was voted the number 1 in the uk we have a charter angling fleet where we will allways do our best to promote the port and all the boats but please guys dont tar eveybody with the same brush .

Regards

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Paul - unless I have missed some posts, it was not a matter of bashing the town as a town but simply the behavior on here of many people who hale from there.

The problem is that if the only contact with the town is via reading the interactions of many residents who post here, a person who has never been there will probably opt to continue never being there.

A sea angler who has never fished with any of the skippers there is likely to continue never fishing with any of the skippers there.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Just tell them to come over to the Whitby forum Newt. Lots of people from all over the country read that and go on to fish in the area. Must admit there is no one causing the hassle on there to put them off though.

Maybe you could redirect the word Whitby from here into mine ? Id love all the extra traffic and would instantly pull the plug on anyone starting any argy bargy (can you wait till we get a new server though). Could be helpful for us both and maybe would help me get some more paying adverts to help with the costs :)

Just tell them to come over to the Whitby forum Newt. Lots of people from all over the country read that and go on to fish in the area. Must admit there is no one causing the hassle on there to put them off though.

Maybe you could redirect the word Whitby from here into mine ? Id love all the extra traffic and would instantly pull the plug on anyone starting any argy bargy (can you wait till we get a new server though). Could be helpful for us both and maybe would help me get some more paying adverts to help with the costs :)

Our club have had many of good trip in Whitby, although not enough brews are made, LOL.

I must say, is Heartbeat still going?

Paul - unless I have missed some posts, it was not a matter of bashing the town as a town but simply the behavior on here of many people who hale from there.

The problem is that if the only contact with the town is via reading the interactions of many residents who post here, a person who has never been there will probably opt to continue never being there.

A sea angler who has never fished with any of the skippers there is likely to continue never fishing with any of the skippers there.

Newt the people who have ANGLING at heart post positve things about ANGLING and that is what this site is suposed to be about some have been let loose cause a much crap as possible i lot of my customers often look at this site to see how the fishing is doing and love to see the reports they know what whitby is all about as to say anglers who come on here would never come to whitby i have had 2 only just over the last week wanting to come here to enjoy the hospitality of what whitby has to offer .

regards

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Paul - I do not doubt what you say but for some reason, discussion of the town and fishing in a topic brings some odd and nasty responses - many deleted before the see the open part of the forum and others as soon thereafter as they are reported.

I'm closing this topic now, not because there is anything wrong with what is here but because I'm tired of removing hostile comments and I suspect the other mods are as well.

Could we let the Whitby topic and associated issues rest for a week or so?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President