my first ever one !

carphead07

hi all

im just writing to tell you all that i caught my first ever Oriental crusian on Saturday

:clap2:

mike

Well done mate.

Hope it wasn't from your next door neighbours pond though :unsure:

Did you get any pictures to post on the forum???

I still remember the best carp I ever caught though, it was only 10 1/2 lb, but the most stunning coloured ghosty I have ever seen and gave a good little fight for it's size.

So it's not all ways the biggest is the best fish, but it's nice to get that PB up to, like Polly's 30 the other day.

Edited by trevor2003

thanks Trevor 2003

Na i didn't catch it from my next door Neighbors pond i caught it in a small fishery near me lovely looking fish, nd 10 1/2 lb is big for me because i havant been coarse fishing long and my pb is only 4 1/2 lb but well done to Polly 30lb is huge fish

mike

mike finlay the carpinator

thanks Trevor 2003

Na i didn't catch it from my next door Neighbors pond i caught it in a small fishery near me lovely looking fish, nd 10 1/2 lb is big for me because i havant been coarse fishing long and my pb is only 4 1/2 lb but well done to Polly 30lb is huge fish

mike

Hi Mike, thanks for that. Y'Right it was a huge fish. Spooky thing is my mate on his first trip to our lake after a fortnight in France caught the very SAME fish last Saturday, just 5 days after I'd put it on the mat. Weight had dropped below the magical 30lb mark so assume that it had maybe dropped some spawn or "sulked" and not fed between captures. I checked my scales and they are spot on the mark. It was made spookier because my mate phoned me to go to lake and take photos for him not realising it was the same fish I'd had so I drove the few miles to help him out with piccies and was a tad shocked to see the same "monster2 laying on his mat !!!!!

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

to add to what carp head has said i went fishing with him and 10 minutes later after he caught his oriental crucian i caught my first oriental crucian (not the same fish before anyone asks :clap2::rolleyes: )

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D