Server Help Needed

Elton

Think I've sussed why; the access details I have here aren't high enough.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone else is reading this and has the knowledge to chip in, then I would be extremely grateful. I'm in the familiar situation of having to spend days on something that I struggle to comprehend, simply because I have no money to pay an expert. Si was helping, but he currently has no internet access and probably won't until after the date I need this done by.

Put simply, when we had all the problems with Anglers' Net before, I bought two new servers. Si moved Anglers' Net onto one and started moving my other sites onto the other. The job isn't complete and I have until 22nd July to do it. Until it's done, I will be unable to do any work on here. I'm not saying that as a whinge - it's just a fact. These sites are extremely important.

Once it's done, I'm going to work my butt off to ensure that in a year's time, if i ever need anything like this sorted again, I have the money to pay someone else to sort it :D

tia,

Elton

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

or here is a really neat way of doing what you need. It will allow you to create a "backup" from your current server to the new one, maintaining file permissions into the bargain

'tis fairly technical, but well written :)

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

If anyone else is reading this and has the knowledge to chip in, then I would be extremely grateful. I'm in the familiar situation of having to spend days on something that I struggle to comprehend, simply because I have no money to pay an expert. Si was helping, but he currently has no internet access and probably won't until after the date I need this done by.

Put simply, when we had all the problems with Anglers' Net before, I bought two new servers. Si moved Anglers' Net onto one and started moving my other sites onto the other. The job isn't complete and I have until 22nd July to do it. Until it's done, I will be unable to do any work on here. I'm not saying that as a whinge - it's just a fact. These sites are extremely important.

Once it's done, I'm going to work my butt off to ensure that in a year's time, if i ever need anything like this sorted again, I have the money to pay someone else to sort it :D

tia,

Elton

Sorry Elton, no help on the server front I'm afraid. On the money side of things I've just ordered a load of stuff from your Amazon link though !

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

LOL Cheers, mate. Much appreciated :) The Amazon side has been virtually dead since Christmas.

Nick's going to have a crack at the server stuff later.

The Amazon side has been virtually dead since Christmas.

I've just ordered a wireless router/firewall and a USB adapter from the Anglersnet Amazon Store :)

Wish me luck!

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/anglernet

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

OOOps!

Just checked the above link to ensure it was right, started browsing around, and ended up buying a 4 port High Speed USB 2.0 hub.

(My 7 port Belkin hub is a bit slow for some devices)

Then I saw something else that looks cool ................

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Amazon's a terrible place isn't it Leon ? You go in looking for one thing and they hit you with the 'people who bought this also looked at this' line and you go 'ohhhh, that looks good' and end up buying it. Can't knock the service though, they've never let me down once.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"