Ewe Nuts

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got a bag from my local animal feed supplier.

People have told me they are basically CSL pellets. However looking at the ingredients there is no CSL inside of them. They do however have molasses. Are these ok??

Thanks

Don't know about them, but I would be very careful, could be harmfull to the fish.

Any other guy's got any idea's or have a chat with Elton.

I've heard the same - i.e. that they are CSL pellets.

Rob.

Does CSL pellet mean Corn Steap Liquor pellet. If so, shouldnt they contain some CSL. Mine contain the following:

Wheat Feed

Maize Gluten

Wheat Palm Kernel EXP

Rape Meal

Sunflower Extractions

Beet Pulp

Molasses

Calcium Carbonate

Salt

EWE supplement

Does CSL pellet mean Corn Steap Liquor pellet. If so, shouldnt they contain some CSL. Mine contain the following:

Wheat Feed

Maize Gluten

Wheat Palm Kernel EXP

Rape Meal

Sunflower Extractions

Beet Pulp

Molasses

Calcium Carbonate

Salt

EWE supplement

Heard they're meant to be the same as csl pellets. Wouldnt go chucking too much in though - unless you don't mind ploughing through the bream!!

Wheat Feed

Maize Gluten

Wheat Palm Kernel EXP

Rape Meal

Sunflower Extractions

Beet Pulp

Molasses

Calcium Carbonate

Salt

EWE supplement

Yep but what is corn steep liquor ?

Anyway - what exactly is in a boilie you buy, or a bag of groundbait ? Try finding a full list of ingredients or in many cases any list of ingredients. None of that looks remotely worrying to me but it's your call.

Rob.

Isn't beet pulp one of the sources of Betaine?

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Guest Brumagem Phil

Maize Gluten is basically your CSL I think.....not 100% on that, but fairly sure.

Got a sack myself and even blended a few up in the blender (bloody noisy job that was!) Aint really used em much yet though.

I'd certainly have no concerns about feeding them to carp.......mobile garbage disposal units!! :thumbs:

Isn't beet pulp one of the sources of Betaine?

Are you saying they are betaine to a pulp? :rolleyes:

Maize Gluten is basically your CSL I think.....not 100% on that, but fairly sure.

Got a sack myself and even blended a few up in the blender (bloody noisy job that was!) Aint really used em much yet though.

I'd certainly have no concerns about feeding them to carp.......mobile garbage disposal units!! :thumbs:

Are you saying they are betaine to a pulp? :rolleyes:

Well looks like I will have to give these a whirl myself now I have heard a bit more about them.

I am all ways weary telling some one to use something I am not sure about, could be that they had some chemical in to stop sheep getting ticks or some thing crazy like that, so you have to be a bit cautious, would feel pretty bad if the day after chucking loads of these in a lake, you woke up to find them all floating on the top out for the count :blink:

How about the amount or any preperation??? they won't swell up inside the fish when wet??? or are they just like trout pellets