Biggest Ling for 10 years.

Guest jay_con

Just been reading the report for Whitbys autumn boat fishing festival. A Ling of almost 40 pound won the ten day event. Charter skippers in whitby beleive it to be the biggest ling for 10 years. Many other Ling over 30 pound were also caught making this year one of the best for ling fishing at whitby.

winter:

Just been reading the report for Whitbys autumn boat fishing festival. A Ling of almost 40 pound won the ten day event. Charter skippers in whitby beleive it to be the biggest ling for 10 years. Many other Ling over 30 pound were also caught making this year one of the best for ling fishing at whitby.

:cool: 38lb 10oz, I have picture, won a £1000, see October SAN. 28 page bumper edition because people keep sending me pictures of fish, costing me a fortune. :D

Like winding in a dustbin. Their swim bladder bursts on the way up, this makes them lifeless.

My cousin was talking to the lad who caught it,he was only using a 40 pound trace. The things have teeth like razers too.

I think the ling do so well around here because they live mostly in the wrecks which are rarely netted these days.