Mullet

Matt Baldwin

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify that I broke the rod down as with the long net handle it would get in the way, as there isn't much room on the back of the boat.

Also so that me and my dad could make a quick get away saving to down tackle the rod as we had a bbq cooking at home that evening.

This was to answer "Poledarks" request

Like i said in my previous posts (Muttley and Sam Cox) let the judges of the NMC decide whether they want to award me the trophies or not is up to them. However, catching that fish to me is the biggest prize that i will ever recieve.

I think now aswell as you other forum members know that it is time to end this topic and get on with our own fishing.

Many thanks and tight lines

Matt Baldwin

Edited by Matt Baldwin

Hia's All

This thread starts to slide down the Forum page and then the same people that think it should be closed, post again and resurrect it. :rolleyes:

The secret is.........don't post on a thread and it dies.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

This thread starts to slide down the Forum page and then the same people that think it should be closed, post again and resurrect it. :rolleyes:

The secret is.........don't post on a thread and it dies.

I wouldn't post Cranfield but this is like an aggie, whodunitt. Questions , questions. How long was the fish out of water why the gear was being put away, surley the fishies well being is the most priority in this case. How did Matt cause 500 quid damage to the boat in under one hour. Is the bred glue that good and fast? If the woodwork was sealed and protected properly in the first place against the elements of the sea, bred wouldn't cause that damage would it. Again the photo's do not show any mess. Word of advise Matt, if you take on any job in the future even if it is for 25 quid, make sure you only have one governer. Not a second governer shouting from another vessel issuing orders, not good mate. How many witnessess to the facts, the numbers go up and down up and down. I do have more.......

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I wouldn't post Cranfield but this is like an aggie, whodunitt. Questions , questions. How long was the fish out of water why the gear was being put away, surley the fishies well being is the most priority in this case. How did Matt cause 500 quid dammage to the boat in under one hour. Is the bred glue that good and fast? If the woodwork was sealed and protected properly in the first place against the elements of the sea, bred wouldn't cause that dammage would it. Again the photo's do not show any mess. Word of advise Matt, if you take on any job in the future even if it is for 25 quid, make sure you only have one governer. Not a second governer shouting from another vessel issuing orders, not good mate. How many witnessess to the facts, the numbers go up and down up and down. I do have more.......

Barry - in order to avoid opening up the entire debacle once more, I've sent you a message advising that I will answer any and all questions.

Here's a test for you - or anybody else - put some wet bread on some timber (preferably teak as that's what mine is on the boat) and leave it there to dry. Then remove it and see what is left.

My handrails are continuous around the perimeter of the boat - once damaged in only a very small area, the entire rails need to be wire wooled and then restained/sealed. I probably could have had them "touched in" - but would you if you had a brand new boat ? £500 can be spent VERY easily considering this.

There was only ever one gov'ner, one paymaster and one set of explicit instructions issued - they just were not followed ! My father, allegedly able to see / shout from 200 foot away, caught young Matt red handed with two others and I'm more than happy to give you the tel numbers if you would like to quiz them both.... but I don't really see the point now ?

HOWEVER - I do now think this one has perhaps been done to death on the open forum.

One thing for CERTAIN - whether Matt caught that monster on that ropey looking rod/multiplier outfit or whether he was indeed deft enough to scoop it out of the marina with my huge skate/hound landing net - he still landed it somehow ! Gawd only knows how.... I'm suprised it didn't take him for a ski.

Matt has txt me a few mins ago and apologised and put out a hand to bury the hatchet - which shows a LOT more sensible / adult behaviour than perhaps I and some others here have exhibited in the past days - I'll take a leaf out of his book and change my "name" from Angry Boat Owner to something a little more mundane and perhaps put some more slightly more interesting posts on here about proper fishing etc.

I did post previously that I never expected to gain any friends / support on this forum as clearly I have spoken out against the protaganist and against the general tidal flow - BUT I have in fact had a few messages off forum discussing other fishing topics and I have been amazed at how open and helpful the people have been....

Thanks.

Barry - in order to avoid opening up the entire debacle once more, I've sent you a message advising that I will answer any and all questions.

Here's a test for you - or anybody else - put some wet bread on some timber (preferably teak as that's what mine is on the boat) and leave it there to dry. Then remove it and see what is left.

My handrails are continuous around the perimeter of the boat - once damaged in only a very small area, the entire rails need to be wire wooled and then restained/sealed. I probably could have had them "touched in" - but would you if you had a brand new boat ? £500 can be spent VERY easily considering this.

There was only ever one gov'ner, one paymaster and one set of explicit instructions issued - they just were not followed ! My father, allegedly able to see / shout from 200 foot away, caught young Matt red handed with two others and I'm more than happy to give you the tel numbers if you would like to quiz them both.... but I don't really see the point now ?

HOWEVER - I do now think this one has perhaps been done to death on the open forum.

One thing for CERTAIN - whether Matt caught that monster on that ropey looking rod/multiplier outfit or whether he was indeed deft enough to scoop it out of the marina with my huge skate/hound landing net - he still landed it somehow ! Gawd only knows how.... I'm suprised it didn't take him for a ski.

Matt has txt me a few mins ago and apologised and put out a hand to bury the hatchet - which shows a LOT more sensible / adult behaviour than perhaps I and some others here have exhibited in the past days - I'll take a leaf out of his book and change my "name" from Angry Boat Owner to something a little more mundane and perhaps put some more slightly more interesting posts on here about proper fishing etc.

I did post previously that I never expected to gain any friends / support on this forum as clearly I have spoken out against the protaganist and against the general tidal flow - BUT I have in fact had a few messages off forum discussing other fishing topics and I have been amazed at how open and helpful the people have been....

Thanks.

:offtopic: but in reply.

Thanks for the post Angry boat owner, i confirm that you did indeed email me to answer questions direct and i explained in the interest of fair play i would keep them to this forum. That said, i read between the lines that i am being asked to keep quiet on this. Every time two and two make five it does spark an interest, being ever so slightly tenacious, i have to ask the questions.

Outside of this forum, i do not wish to contact whoever to confirm what has been written here is fact or not, therefore again i will only post and comment on what i read. If you are uncomfortable with that then so be it. Sometimes i will post something and the guys will 'tear me to pieces' i don't have a problem with that, this is what makes for an interesting forum. I'm not a masochist by the way.

If anyone on here asks within a topic for advise or help in fishing related subjects i would be the first to offer my advise if it was any good, that what makes these forums. Try changing the topic you might be surprised how open and helpfull we are on here. I agree, have a name change. :)

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Quite a stir isn't it? On the legality of the catch and the fact that trespass was mentioned, there are issues to be dealt with.

Mr Baldwin was invited and hence not a trespasser. He did however waive his right to be on that property the very second he fished, whether it be with rod and line or scooped the net. Access to such property is permitted providing rules are adhered to. Not criminal but civil as Norm B points out.

The big issue is the removal of the mullet from the water. This is poaching as he has not been granted the right to fish or take fish. This could be considered a criminal act. I say 'could', as if it were a lake if would definitely be a criminal act.

Thinlips are imminent :-) Believe or not !!

:offtopic: but in reply.

Thanks for the post Angry boat owner, i confirm that you did indeed email me to answer questions direct and i explained in the interest of fair play i would keep them to this forum. That said, i read between the lines that i am being asked to keep quiet on this. Every time two and two make five it does spark an interest, being ever so slightly tenacious, i have to ask the questions.

Barry, I thing ABO made the offer of answering questions by email off the Forum, to give this thread chance to slip of the page, nothing more sinister than that.

Stinca, is a Marina enclosed by lock gates a lake ? :lol:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Barry, I thing ABO made the offer of answering questions by email off the Forum, to give this thread chance to slip of the page, nothing more sinister than that.

Stinca, is a Marina enclosed by lock gates a lake ? :lol:

100% correct - it would seem that Barry likes nothing more than a good Agatha Christie with plenty of plots and skullduggery afoot. £5 side bet Barry sports a set of face handlebars like Hercule Poirot ?

Name changed - to suit the thread. Progressed from Explosive/Seething/Outraged and then Angry Boat Owner. I'm no longer Angry Boat Owner. Life's too short.

Off down to the boat tomorrow - whats the betting I'll see a shoal of 10lb 3 oz mullet all around my boat :-)

Formerly known as Angry Boat Owner...

100% correct - it would seem that Barry likes nothing more than a good Agatha Christie with plenty of plots and skullduggery afoot. £5 side bet Barry sports a set of face handlebars like Hercule Poirot ?

Name changed - to suit the thread. Progressed from Explosive/Seething/Outraged and then Angry Boat Owner. I'm no longer Angry Boat Owner. Life's too short.

Off down to the boat tomorrow - whats the betting I'll see a shoal of 10lb 3 oz mullet all around my boat :-)

Look forward to the photo's. Mind the bread though, i hear it sets like concrete.

Or like Five bellies

I don't think i mentioned anything as sinister Cranfield, fairplay and i thought a marina was called a marina. :)

Oh, and welcome to the forum Targa 31, wots the make of your boat i ask.

Edited by barry luxton