Mullet

Matt Baldwin

In fairness, we are ever critical of Organisations that make decisions and policy, having not, or rarely, consulted their membership.

We now have the NMC saying that this matter will be discussed with the membership at their AGM early next year and they get criticised for not making an instant decision.

I would suggest that such democracy in an Organisation is to be applauded.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness, we are ever critical of Organisations that make decisions and policy, having not, or rarely, consulted their membership.

We now have the NMC saying that this matter will be discussed with the membership at their AGM early next year and they get criticised for not making an instant decision.

Exactly. What they shouldn't be expected to do is answer every question on every public forum, especially when those questions come from non-members who have a long and boring history of causing trouble wherever they can, just because the whole topic of discussion doesn't focus around them.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton,

I have enough angling experiences in my 34 years on this planet not to be at all worried about the focus being on myself.

I really do not understand why you do not understand my points. They are as plain as your nose and not hard to understand at all.

I am really trying not to byte back at you as I do in fact like you and a knee jerk reaction to your really out of order comments would get me slung off yet again.

I do know that all the bodies representing RSA find it hard to act quickly enough when it comes to tackling over fishing, as does our government. This is a symptom of living in a democracy where everything must be voted on. By the time it’s been discussed and there have been meetings after meetings and votes after votes the sea will be void of sports fish.

The NMC should of just said we can not award Mat any trophies as his fish was caught in a non fishing area, that would have shut me up, I wouldn’t of had any reason to make any other comments.

As for crating mischief, if you read my posts on this subject I think you will find that I have been for the most part polite. Unlike other posters who made refference to Mats small hands and very small head!

The angler net hasn’t been as busy for months, well since last October anyhow.

Hope you are still willing to fish with me when my boats finished so I can show you what the Thames Estuary really has to offer!

Edited by thedogs

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

The angler net hasn’t been as busy for months, well since last October anyhow.

I served up over 3.5 million pages on this site alone last month, over 15 million hits.

How busy does it need to get before it's busy by your standards?

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

All I'm saying is that if you have problems with any NMC policy or action, then you really should take it up with them directly, or at least on the forum where the issue originated i.e. you've mentioned the BASS one here. To trawl every fishing website in the UK would take a team of blokes all hours of the day and I suspect that the NMC, like most angling organisations, relies a lot on the generosity with time of many of its key members and organisers.

I actually thought that your questions were answered in the fairly comprehensive post by one of them earlier in this thread. That is, the issue will be brought up at their AGM.

Which is not until Febuary Elton, so would it not of been better for the NMC to have given a clear and promt statement explaining that however a great fish this may have been the NMC can not condone fishing in non fishing areas by awarding prizes.

This would have sent a clear signal that the NMC is a decent law abiding organisation that promotes good angling practises. As it is any one reading these pages could be forgiven for thinking thay are ducking the issue, more still protetual new members for example youngsters may have been put off from joining.

This should be my last post on the subject (unless I get more drawn in).

I would like to express my good wishes to Mat Baldwin and again congratulate him on what must be one of the best fish caught this year.

Mat maybe you could start your own campaign to open up areas of marinas that are closed to anglers so we could all get the chance of that magic fish like you did!

Please Please check this out!

http://www.justgiving.com/tacyedewick?ref=

Which is not until Febuary Elton, so would it not of been better for the NMC to have given a clear and promt statement explaining that however a great fish this may have been the NMC can not condone fishing in non fishing areas by awarding prizes.

This would have sent a clear signal that the NMC is a decent law abiding organisation that promotes good angling practises. As it is any one reading these pages could be forgiven for thinking thay are ducking the issue, more still protetual new members for example youngsters may have been put off from joining.

This should be my last post on the subject (unless I get more drawn in).

The only way that the nmc can discuss this earlier is to have an extraordinary general meeting set up by the members if they should feel that it is something or an issue to discuss as explained. The only way to get their constitution changed is if you were a member yourself and had support by other members. I thought again the guy explained the nmc position clearly. Therefore no one should consider that they are ducking any issue. They are not. I am also a non-member of the nmc. I also will not post on this one point again. I might refer to it though.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Cranfield I believe your right! :thumbs:

Golly! did iI just say that out loud ? :D

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!