Fishing in Las Vegas

Martin Salisbury

I'm then going to San Francisco. Any more fishing info appreciated.

Martin

Lots of trout streams up in the Sierra Nevada range about 3 hours east of SF. If you get sick of fishing you can pan for gold. Also, Lake Tahoe has a large population of Lake Trout and there are several charter boats available on both the California and Nevada sides of the lake.

I'm certain there must be charter boats available for sea-fishing in northern California. I drift-fished on a charter once back in 1998 in Brookings, Oregon, just north of the coastal redwoods in California. We caught a boatload of fish, but I got seasick right after I lost a large ling cod. My son, who took dramamine and felt fine, was cruel that day and kept offering food to me in spite of my distress. :blink:

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

My son, who took dramamine and felt fine, was cruel that day and kept offering food to me in spite of my distress. :blink:
A plate of bacon and eggs is the best remedy :thumbs:

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

During my Coast Guard days, the cooks would always serve greasy pork chops on the first day with heavy seas.

Seasick is a very funny condition to those who are not sick.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

During my Coast Guard days, the cooks would always serve greasy pork chops on the first day with heavy seas.

Seasick is a very funny condition to those who are not sick.

I have to confess, I've had my share of guffaws at the expense of others who felt the need to chum.

~ Mark Twain

One wonders where Martin vanished to. Or would that be, to whence he hath vanished?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Me?

I'm still here looking in with plenty of info to look through and work at. Got some emails too, thanks everyone for your help.

I only have flights at the moment so need to sort hotels, transport etc etc etc and tie this all in with some fishing. It's also actually my second honeymoon (had a few days in Rome at the end of May) so need to balance the travel and sightseeing with the fishing. Not showing the new wife the thread now peopel have mentioned ants and snakes.

Also have work that takes up far too much of my fishing time ............................

Regards,

Martin

Hope you have a good time in Lost Wages, Martin. If you get a chance take a day trip to Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks. You won't be disappointed.

~ Mark Twain