Using lures and coloured trace

Darren161

I'v just got some new tackle ready for my fishing trip 2morow. I have only used clear trace line so far for building my rigs however i have baught a yellow one by accident. Does it matter if the line is brightly coloured? I mean would the fish be able to see it and be put off?

Also i'm going to try using sandeel lures (the blue soft jelly ones) for the first time to try n get some bass off the peir, has anyone had much luck with these?

If the lures are the ones I think they are, they do look good but are very expensive.

Generally, the les viable the trace, the better you will do and my personal choice in the sort of situation that you describe would probably be a good quality 20lb BS Flourocarbon.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Jul 22 2007, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:clap2: Allegedly a red trace attracts dogfish in the Solent but I've never put it to the test. :clap2:

A flourecent orange Tow rope woud attract Dog fish in the Solent :P

I have been through fazes of using various different colour hook lenths and snoods as well as Rig bodys I have used Bright orange 40lb ultima shock leader as a biting trace in the absence of any thing else for smoothhounds and rays without noticing a marked drop off in takes, I dont think I would be as bold clear water Bassing though! But I Do use red and Black Amniesia all the time in the thames eastuary and seem to catch as well as the next man. Just one other thing, what could be more Gairish than a Plaice Rig A mass of multi colour beads, propellers and spoons. with a gert worm stuck on the end of it seems to work every time,

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!