Pout Hole 28-7-07

richi

Saw that the wind had dropped right off and decided to make the best of it.Launched from Mudeford about 1am and took the ebb out through the run.

Made it to Pout Hole in about 1/2 hour.Took quite a while to locate a pot bouy but eventually managed to find one in about 36 ft of water.Saw a couple of other boats lights who were obviously fishing out at the ledge.

Had taken a box of Squid,Rag,Sandeel,mini-squid.Opened the box of Squid to find that they were a lot bigger than usual.When presented on a 8/0 4/0 pennel they looked quite a mouthful.Wasn't too confident as lately the Conger have preferred fresh Mackerel.

First Squid bait went into the water and after about 20 minutes the first big bite and the fight was on.After a few minutes managed to get the it to the surface where it wasn't too happy,thrashing about on the surface in the darkness.

IMGP0175.jpg

After a few minutes it had calmed down enough to get a closer pic and release

IMGP0177.jpg

Baited up my second large Squid and dropped it down.

Again, no longer than 20 minutes had passed and I was in again!followed by a slightly easier tussle Conger no.2 came to the surface

IMGP0178.jpg

IMGP0179.jpg

2nd Squid bait-----2nd Conger.

Released no.2 and baited up large Squid no.3.also decided at this time to fish with only one rod

This time the bait got hit but failed to connect so baited up my 4th Squid.

After about 1/2 hour got a lovely bite,struck and connected and brought this beauty to the yak(biggest so far this year)

IMGP0181.jpg

A good 5lb er but exact I'm not sure as the scales were in the van.

4 Squid and 3 good fish--what a session.The wind had picked up a fair amount,still fishable but it had put a real chill into the air.

Stayed until just before Sunrise

IMGP0184.jpg

I love fishing this mark!

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Great report Richi, that's a cracking bass .

What's the biggest conger you've had from a yak ? You've got every chance of hooking a monster fishing thoses marks at night.

had one around 50lb last week when I was fishing the Anglers Afloat comp. :thumbs:

Exellent fishing i have never tryed night fishing in my yak how have you set up your lights or do you just use a head lamp.

I have a nav light & headlamp :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

had one around 50lb last week when I was fishing the Anglers Afloat comp. :thumbs:

I have a nav light & headlamp :thumbs:

Respect

Ive had them to 20lb on a yak and they can be a right hand full when up on the surface.