Gorleston Norfolk

John E Ashford

Gorleston Wednesday 07-09-2007

We arrived just before 6am and soon baited rigs were heading seaward. Anticipation was high, as always, with the thought of some prime species turning up.

The weather was fine, a northerly breeze, broken clouds and the sun providing some needed warmth, made the start of the day comfortable.

We had Lug, Squid, King Prawn and fresh Mackerel for bait. Also during the session we would be trying for Bass with spinners and various plastic/jelly lures.

The time passed with no movements of rods, not a likkle rattle, but we were to persevere. Various cocktails and a variety of end rigs were used + plastic/jelly’s but nothing. We cast seaside, beachside and riverside, even if we cast up out backside the result would be the same, the fish were just not there. Other anglers around the pier were getting the same results, zilch

Come 3pm we decided that 9hours of not one interested rattle on any of the five rods enough was enough, so clearing up we decided to call it a day.

Celebrations started with a group hug, let the party begin, yes we achieved another Golden Blanking Session. The party would continue down a the local Chippy, where you are always guaranteed a quality Cod.

One interest of the day, I’m sure the Captain only came alongside to see us Golden Blankers showing off or skill.

ShipB.jpg

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

Blimey! Tough luck there, mate :(

Fair play for sticking it at for 9 hours. I don't think I'd have lasted that long!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

It's a tough mistress the North Sea in the Summer. I think the swing to Notherly winds has put a bit too much colour in the water on sandy, muddy beaches for lures to be really successful at the moment.

I was at Walberswick on Sunday and had one nice bass of around a couple of pounds on a Rappala Shad from the harbour wall.

Went to Aldeburgh on Monday for a go on the Suffolk shingle, the water was clearer but nada, not a sniff. There were a load of guys in Taxis parked up near the Martello Tower that hardly looked rushed off their feet. Very slow.

I think I would head up to the Shingle in North Norfolk if I fancied having a go on lures but even then I hear it's patchy.

Gorleston Wednesday 07-09-2007

We arrived just before 6am and soon baited rigs were heading seaward. Anticipation was high, as always, with the thought of some prime species turning up.

The weather was fine, a northerly breeze, broken clouds and the sun providing some needed warmth, made the start of the day comfortable.

We had Lug, Squid, King Prawn and fresh Mackerel for bait. Also during the session we would be trying for Bass with spinners and various plastic/jelly lures.

The time passed with no movements of rods, not a likkle rattle, but we were to persevere. Various cocktails and a variety of end rigs were used + plastic/jelly’s but nothing. We cast seaside, beachside and riverside, even if we cast up out backside the result would be the same, the fish were just not there. Other anglers around the pier were getting the same results, zilch

Come 3pm we decided that 9hours of not one interested rattle on any of the five rods enough was enough, so clearing up we decided to call it a day.

Celebrations started with a group hug, let the party begin, yes we achieved another Golden Blanking Session. The party would continue down a the local Chippy, where you are always guaranteed a quality Cod.

One interest of the day, I’m sure the Captain only came alongside to see us Golden Blankers showing off or skill.

ShipB.jpg

Sorry to hear you had one of them bad days John....think it's North Norfolk for a chance...Trimingham and your Weybourne at the mo from the beach...only small Bass off mine in Walcott..been out this morning to Wreck fish from Southwold..left port at 06.00..bit of a chance to find a window...18ml off it was not favouring no one to fish,so we headed back home....last week we fished the Gabbard,thats about 26mls out to us...6 on board,4 fish each of about 3lbs all Bass,put lots of undersize back,and we had some jumbo size mackies,never seen mackies that big for a long while..also by the boat this morning at 05.00 there was a white egret feeding..so we see next time...all the best

No shame in blanking John, we came very near to being scuttled yesterday, Roger and I saved face with flounders you could sit on your hand with room to spare :lol: With bait costing us £17.50p each those two flounders were extremely expensive :whistling: Not a Golden Grey in sight despite being what looked like a perfect day.

Seem to be a lot of large mackerel around currently, some lads went bassing out of Milford Haven just over a week ago and all the mackerel boated were far to large for free lining, the one joey boated caught the only bass :rolleyes:

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist