Any Norfolk & Suffolk Kayak fishers?

Mohican

Hi all I'm in Norfolk and have been fishing all my life so have a little understanding of tides and the sea, I've seen people yak fishing lately and I'm really impressed. Is there anyone here who does it in Norfolk or Suffolk?

That'd be me possibly. I've yet to see any others around here. I'm in Lowestoft and tend to go out around Oulton Broad, Beccles and that area, sea and coarse.Where are you based? Have to dash, am in a rush. Welcome aboard the board.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

That'd be me possibly. I've yet to see any others around here. I'm in Lowestoft and tend to go out around Oulton Broad, Beccles and that area, sea and coarse.Where are you based? Have to dash, am in a rush. Welcome aboard the board.

Thanks for quick reply, I'm trying to message you but not having much luck, keep getting a error.

As noted on the 'rules' page you agreed to when you registered, until you've made your 15th post your account is limited in that each post will need approval before it appears and you cannot use certain forum features like PM, photos, etc.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

As noted on the 'rules' page you agreed to when you registered, until you've made your 15th post your account is limited in that each post will need approval before it appears and you cannot use certain forum features like PM, photos, etc.

yes ok

Thanks for quick reply, I'm trying to message you but not having much luck, keep getting a error.

Newt says it all. No probs, just post the message on here, I check the boards a few times a day. It's by far the most pleasant way of fishing I've ever tried by the way, and since starting last year I have become somewhat fanatical - best money I've spent in years. I am out as often as I can be, even just for a paddle, and get to fish places otherwise inaccesible.

Newt says it all. No probs, just post the message on here, I check the boards a few times a day. It's by far the most pleasant way of fishing I've ever tried by the way, and since starting last year I have become somewhat fanatical - best money I've spent in years. I am out as often as I can be, even just for a paddle, and get to fish places otherwise inaccesible.

I am based near Norwich and fish mainly the Norfolk beaches sometimes in Suffolk, usually Kessingland. We do fresh water, on rivers, as well and had some roach and perch this morning (the kids are getting excited about autumn pike fishing . But do you take your yak out on the open sea to fish?

I do indeed, weekly and often a few times each week. I've yet to catch any fish from he sea in the yak though, just crabs, been unlucky this summer. Mind you, no shore anglers fish the beach across from my house and the netters don't seem to get much either so that and not knowing which rigs to use might be part of it. I'll be off Pakefield when the cod are in if the sea is not too rough though, as I can get down there pretty quickly from my launch point.

Most of my yak fishing is for pike though and I caught more last winter than I did the rest of my life put together. You don't seem to spook fish very much. I was after small stuff the other week for a species hunt tournament on another site and had a fantastic days fishing, very successful.

Norwich is planned soon, with another board member from Cambridgeshire.

Norwich is planned soon, with another board member from Cambridgeshire.

That would be me then :huh: Only been out in my BGP a few times after Pike and Zander from the Nene and its lakes. So far I have been doing quite well with six pike between 10-14lb and several smaller and a 7lb zander.

Bit of a blow last time out, lost one well over 20lb when the snap swivel straightend just as I got it close to the yak :doh: made up some traces yesterday with some stronger snaplinks hopefully that should stop it happening again.

Not done any sea fishing yet, I'll give it a miss until me kayaking skills improve, I hope to make it to snappers "Autumn Broads meet" and I think he is aiming to fish here soon, so perhaps we could meet up then.

If you are interested in a bit of puddle splashing you are more than welcome to join me.

Bb

Hehe, gotcha! Yes, I will head up sometime soon - got to sort something out with my aunt and instead of buggering around with postage I'll drive up and combine the two things.

Yes, there is an eastern meet hopefully going to happen in mid october (won't be too many pages back), and this should feature some demo boats from Ocean Kayak to try out. In the meantime, I have a pair of Prowler 15's and can only sit in one at a time so a play is certainly possible.....