seat/backrests

robq

Hi all, after around 3 months with my Ok prowler elite I am more than happy with her, however I really want a backrest that offers more support when fishing at anchor as the standard one does not allow me to sit back and relax.

After searching around I decided that I really like the look of the apex pro at around £70 but the problem is everyone I have tried is out of stock and seem unable to source any more !!

Does anybody have this seat ? if so what do you think ?? or does anyone know of any viable alternatives that I can get hold of ???

I have seen the apex pro on some USA sites but they are around $190 without p+p !!

any help appreciated

Rob

Hi all, after around 3 months with my Ok prowler elite I am more than happy with her, however I really want a backrest that offers more support when fishing at anchor as the standard one does not allow me to sit back and relax.

After searching around I decided that I really like the look of the apex pro at around £70 but the problem is everyone I have tried is out of stock and seem unable to source any more !!

Does anybody have this seat ? if so what do you think ?? or does anyone know of any viable alternatives that I can get hold of ???

I have seen the apex pro on some USA sites but they are around $190 without p+p !!

any help appreciated

Rob

I'm quite happy with this:

Yakpads

around £50 including delivery from the US

P7310115.jpg

Backrest is excellent, pad would benefit from being larger but is a great improvement over the OK standard fit seat.

2006 Launches: 8

2006 Species: 5

2007 Species: 19

2007 Launches: 42

2008 Species: 21

2008 Launches: 51

2009 Species: 24

2009 Launches: 47

2010 Launches 35

2010 Species 25

2011 Launches 23

2011 Species 20

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Kayak-Apex-1-Kay...ssPageNameZWD2V

QQcmdZViewItem://http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Kayak-Ape...

QQcmdZViewItem

This one on e-bay but from Australia!

Aprox £90 incl p&p(if I converted it correctly)

Jon.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Thanks for all the advice lads, I think I will probably hang on for the apex and might even have a look at the one from australia. The yakpad one does look like good value for money though.

Rob

hi rob just bought apex 1 yesterday from kayaksandpaddles.co.uk £69.99 look at malibu xfactor kayak it is sugestted add on

hi rob just bought apex 1 yesterday from kayaksandpaddles.co.uk £69.99 look at malibu xfactor kayak it is sugestted add on

You lucky so and so you must have got the last one !! it is now showing as sold out :schmoll:

The aussie listed one has ended too and the seller has no more listings !!

Oh well the search continues :wallbash:

You lucky so and so you must have got the last one !! it is now showing as sold out :schmoll:

The aussie listed one has ended too and the seller has no more listings !!

Oh well the search continues :wallbash:

Crazy Creek SOT3 is also worth considering

Edit: Just checked out the website and it too appears to be out of stock, but they do have the top of the range "air" model for $112. HOWEVER, also found this link where both models are on sale for what seems to be ridiculously low prices, dunno if they've gone into liquidation or what, but If I were you I'd snap one up; they are a very comfy seat, easily comparable to the Apex 1

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...amp;storeId=226

Edited by paintfly