can any one help me catch bream?

fumbling_fisherman

maggot feeder and maggots as hookait you wont go wrong there

and another thing is, if you watch your line and it moves up and then then down dont strike wait until the fish acctually takes the bait

carp tactics are also good for bream and youve also got a chance of catching tench aswell as carp and bream

mike

Hmmm ... I've spotted my bite indicator 'bouncing' when the bream are feeding, often catch them striking at this point.

It's always handy if people who post up queries give us a bit of info on which to go on... I often see a lot of posts that say 'help me catch a Carp' without saying whether it's from a river, lake, canal e.t.c. The type of approach you take will vary wildly dependent on the venues you fish..

It's always handy if people who post up queries give us a bit of info on which to go on... I often see a lot of posts that say 'help me catch a Carp' without saying whether it's from a river, lake, canal e.t.c. The type of approach you take will vary wildly dependent on the venues you fish..

i am going to the waters at Nether Mill, it is the first time I will have been there. I ususally set up my feeder rod with an open ended feeder about 12 inch from the hook bait. I use plastic leger stops for the feeder, and usually a size 16 barbless hook to nylon. i generally use a mixture of grond bait and maggots in the feeder, some times with sweet corn with the juice too. does this help any? i hope it does, i would love to catch at least one bream. any advice on striking too? I always seem to strike too early, or too late, i struggle to catch whilst fishing, unless i use my 4metre whip. thanx for helping if you can.

it depends on how your water is fished ask around and see how other people catch them yesterday i caught a 5lb 6oz bream on bread with bread groundbait (a few crushed up boilies also) and about the stricking for bream usually it wont be a full on rod bender it might be a few 5 or 6 pulls or maybe more or somtimes 1 big pull just look for anythin abnormal with the rod tip if it keeps happening at a steady rate lift in to it and u should have a bag of bream in no time

tight lines

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D