Putting line on a Multiplier

Happyguy73

Hi All,

I know this is probaby a very basic question but how much should you fill a spool on a multiplier? how far from the edge of the sppol would be best?

This is my first multi so I want a good compromise between usability and distance.

Using a Daiwa Slosh 20 (as recommended by many here :thumbs: )

many thanks

Adam

Hi All,

I know this is probaby a very basic question but how much should you fill a spool on a multiplier? how far from the edge of the sppol would be best?

This is my first multi so I want a good compromise between usability and distance.

Using a Daiwa Slosh 20 (as recommended by many here :thumbs: )

many thanks

Adam

stop about 3mm from the lip of the spool including shock leader, Load the reel atached to your rod preferably with someone else untill you get the hang of doing it , go nice and steady and rember to have a bit of resistance on the spool you are loading from a bit of thumb pressure should do it. Allso lay the line on nice and evenly.......nice reels I use them for loads of stuff :thumbs:

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

stop about 3mm from the lip of the spool including shock leader, Load the reel atached to your rod preferably with someone else untill you get the hang of doing it , go nice and steady and rember to have a bit of resistance on the spool you are loading from a bit of thumb pressure should do it. Allso lay the line on nice and evenly.......nice reels I use them for loads of stuff :thumbs:

I would go with that and only add use the best quality line you can buy, a good reel deserves it. :clap2:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

The golden rule is basically the less line on the reel the tamer it will be so if you are still having trouble with it that full then take the line fill down a bit until you are confident also start with the brake blocks in and dont try and hit the horizon to start with.You should be fine with a slosh they are real pussycats, and as FB says they are probably one of the best all round reels there are.

Cheers guys,

I am filling one spool with Suffix Tritanium 20lb which i use on my FS reel and find it great!

The other spool is geting Sakuma night crystal 20lb and I will use Ultima trace body crystal 50lb for shock leader.

would double length of rod be a good length?

should i fill spool to 3mm then unwind 3-4 rod lengths to allow for shock leader?

never used on before and plan on using double bloodknot with 6 twists each side, if thats ok?

have red blocks in reels and will be using red rocket fuel lube, seen this set up recommend to other users so should be a good starter

Cheers guys,

I am filling one spool with Suffix Tritanium 20lb which i use on my FS reel and find it great!

The other spool is geting Sakuma night crystal 20lb and I will use Ultima trace body crystal 50lb for shock leader.

would double length of rod be a good length?

should i fill spool to 3mm then unwind 3-4 rod lengths to allow for shock leader?

never used on before and plan on using double bloodknot with 6 twists each side, if thats ok?

have red blocks in reels and will be using red rocket fuel lube, seen this set up recommend to other users so should be a good starter

Setup sounds good see how you get on if it does run away with you there is a good way of puting in some extra control. Rocket lube is what it states an empty spool with no brakes and it spins forever.

Before all the air brakes and mags came in many many moons ago I was given a tip as a beginner with my first multi an Intrepid Sea Streak a small amount of vaselene on the shaft slows it down and as you become use to the reel the vaselene breaks down slowly with you, after a couple of months clean of and use rocket lube.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Did I see double half blood knots for leaders???

Nooo, nooo, nooooo; not even for lines of similar diameter.

For parallel leader to say, 20lbs line go for a five turn Grinner through an overhand in the thicker leader.

For lines of similar diameter eg. for a tapered leader, go for two 5 turn Grinners.

The half blood knots will break at 50% of the line!!!!

Ada

What HA said, grinner against a simple overhand knot :thumbs:

May i add, you will only need 3 or 4 turns of leader on the spool of

your reel, 2 x the rod length is to much ;)

B)

Alternatively the grinner agianst a blob on the leader made with a lighter reduces weed build up as there is one less tag to worry about. :thumbs:

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!