Choosing a Seat Box

Ollie2376

Ollie - I'm not in any way trying to drive you away from AnglersNet but we don't seem to have anyone right now who can offer suggestions.

Try posting on www.maggotdrowning.com since they tend to have more match/pole angling discussions and are also a great bunch.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

The X2 is a GOOD box. But there are SOOOOOO many about now you really want to take a trip out yourself and test drive a few first!!

Like all boxes you are going to have it a LONG time so YOU have to do the homework. Or at least I WOULD if I were spending a weeks wage on a seat!!

Where in the country are you?

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

tnx for replying, yeh im in lancashire so there is Ted Carters bout 20mins from me. I have had a look at the X2. Do you have one or know someone who has 1. If so what are your thoughts

thnx

hi mate , i am a disabled angler and own the x3 i think its great,nice and light and a choice of two wheel kits/trollys plus all the gadgets you could ever need to fit onto it,i am at present trying to get my dad to buy the x2,this is ample in size and we all take far to much gear nowadays, me included!!!

go for the x2 mate ,hope you enjoy it!!!!!

beastmaster

when you gotta go you gotta GO !!!!!!!!!

Hi,

I am looking at buying a new seat box for under £200. I like the PI X2 but does anyone know any others that are worth looking at or know anything about the Preston Innovations X2.

Please reply as i have posted b4 and got no help

tnx Ollie :)

I don't know thw Preston box but their gear has a good reputation so it's likely to be good.

I use a Fox Match Competition 6 drawer seat box and find it very good but it's a bit over your budget at around £250 (more once you've added extras such as wheels). It does mean that I can use the mud feet on my other fox chair though as they're interchangable.

Will

hi mate , i am a disabled angler and own the x3 i think its great,nice and light and a choice of two wheel kits/trollys plus all the gadgets you could ever need to fit onto it,i am at present trying to get my dad to buy the x2,this is ample in size and we all take far to much gear nowadays, me included!!!

go for the x2 mate ,hope you enjoy it!!!!!

beastmaster

tnx 4 the reply, yeh i was tempted for the X3 but i think i can get all my stuff into the X2 and also i might aswel spend the extra £40 on accesories

thanks Ollie

Hi

After having a range of seat boxes over the years I finally decided on the X3. Brilliant piece of kit, hard wearing, comfortable, incredibly stable and a great leg system for levelling out, even on really wierd shaped banks. Can't really put my finger on what is the key thing about these boxes, I just think that PI have got all the little bits right on this range and that makes it a really solid product. As said before - you wont regret getting one - except when all your mates keep wanting to sit on it and try it out, like they do with mine when I'm trying to fish.

BTW, not affiliated to PI - just a very happy customer!