Fishing In Ireland

Elton

Posted on behalf of danny3. Please add all replies to this thread:

i am thinking about a fishing holiday in ireland next year does anybody know of any good venues, places to stay etc, also do you need to take maggots or can you just fish sweetcorn and worms and catch?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hi

i wont propose an area because my one trip to Ireland wasnt that great.

But there are loads of B&Bs which cater purposely for the angler and you can arrange for plain crumb , maggots ,worms etc to be ready for you when you get there to save the hassle of carting them over yourself. Also quite a few of the B&B's have bait storage areas. When i went i hired a cottage worked out great value about £50 a head for 8 of us.

Terry

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

What species do you want to fish for? and what time of year do you want to come here?

hi greg was thinking of going next summer poss july would like to catch hybrids roach and tench would like somewhere that has purpose built anglers platforms but not important also would like to know if there are any canals where hybrids are present.

I WAS going to give my opinion, but if Greg is happy I'll leave well alone!! :D

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

All the canals have hybrids and tench. I will find out the best areas from some coarse angling friends and get back to you. Its been a few years since I drowned maggots :rolleyes: . I'm sure a day or two won't harm your booking chances :thumbs:

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

I'd start by giving anglers world holidays a bell on 01246 221717 for a free brochure. lots of places, prices and info in there.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I'm told if you base yourself around Mullingar and Longford will be your best bet. July is a little late for the warm water fishery at Lanesboro

Here is a fishery board approved base to look at http://www.melviewlodge.com/angling.htm in this area but also look at Kilglass Lake & Finlough Near Strokestown in Co.Roscommon for excellent tench fishing with good hybrids too.http://www.dirl.com/roscommon/strokestown/grange-lodge.htm is a self catering cottage nearby.

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..