Al Bean - Astronaut talk

RobStubbs

Not sure how many people may be interested but this is a rare chance to see a talk by one of the Apollo astronauts who walked on the moon. Details on the following website;

Al Bean talk

Rob.

It's a pity , the show / evening is literally 5 miles from me , i know the place very well. But sadly i'll be making my way to Grimsby to watch Premeir Snooker League with Mr Hendry / Higgins / O'Sullivan and White in attendance on that particular night.

Aye!! Got to second that one!! I know the place too but will be home again by then and not likely to be able to go back so soon? Would have liked to have met the guy as well as I met a couple of his Oppoes when i served on HMS Appollo. Could'a swapped stories!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Don't worry - I'll let you know how it goes :)

Rob.

hi rob...

do you know is alan bean is touring??

or if he's speaking anywhere in scotland??

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

hi rob...

do you know is alan bean is touring??

or if he's speaking anywhere in scotland??

I'm afraid I don't know. All I can suggest is that you maybe contact your local astronomy society(ies) and see if they know anything. Actually you could always be slightly cheeky and email the guy organising the talk in Yorkshire and see if he knows of anything (?)

Rob.

I'm afraid I don't know. All I can suggest is that you maybe contact your local astronomy society(ies) and see if they know anything. Actually you could always be slightly cheeky and email the guy organising the talk in Yorkshire and see if he knows of anything (?)

Rob.

thanks for that rob, my oldest son would be very interested in going to a seminar like that but yorkshire is a bit far for an evening

les

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

thanks for that rob, my oldest son would be very interested in going to a seminar like that but yorkshire is a bit far for an evening

les

It's probably about as far for you to go as it is for me ! Thankfully a guy from work is driving so I can just sit back and relax :)

Rob.