Abu Suveran XP or Fox rockrunner or alternatives

Happyguy73

Hi all

I posted a while back looking for a good beach rod and ended up buying an ABU suveran RX which I am so very happy with!so thank you all.

I am new to multiplier reels and paired the RX with a slosh 20 and am very happy with it and happy with my casting progress.

I also started to fish alot of rough ground in addtion to mixed ground and am in the market for another rod to be paired with another slosh 20 (i bought 2)

I want a rod that I can cast easily as I am new to multi's, I tought about another RX but then thought of the above rods.

Does anyone have any experience of the above rods? are they 'user' friendly?

or should i consider anything else in the same price range?

thanks to all for all your help

Adam

Hi

Dunno what your price range is, but I haven't heard a bad word about these .....

http://www.anyfishanywhere.com/rods.htm

Prices ....

http://www.anglingcentre.net/acatalog/anyrods.html

or (SALE PRICES!!!) ...

http://www.harrissportsmail.com/Categories...CategoryID=2163

:clap2:

:clap2: I've got the estuary rod and it's great if there's not truckloads of weed in the water. I was going to try it on smoothies this year but I've not been out when they've been around or when the weed was bearable. I'd like to see a 13ft version though, that would be my ideal bass rod. :clap2:

Cheers guys

H.A.

Must check out those links!

have a buget of about 120-£130 and would like a rod like my RX but maybe a bit stiffer but not too stiff that i couldnt cast it :rolleyes:

NormB:

its for those weedy, rocky days I want this rod for too. fishing yesterday, perfect surf but weed everywhere. My poor RX was getting a battering! Friends conoflex was bringing in the sea bed and weed wasnt upsetting it at all.

he reckoned i should keep a stiffer rod for days like that.

Cheers guys

H.A.

Must check out those links!

have a buget of about 120-£130 and would like a rod like my RX but maybe a bit stiffer but not too stiff that i couldnt cast it :rolleyes:

NormB:

its for those weedy, rocky days I want this rod for too. fishing yesterday, perfect surf but weed everywhere. My poor RX was getting a battering! Friends conoflex was bringing in the sea bed and weed wasnt upsetting it at all.

he reckoned i should keep a stiffer rod for days like that.

:clap2: For those weedy days I have an Ian Golds 14ft Tyrex, SL30SH, 25lb line, conger, rays, cod, weed, no problem, nothing a problem. :clap2:

Mate of mine has several Suveran's he has just got as a BARGAIN bundle!! NOT sure what is in it but if you want let me know and I will certainly ask for you. He USUALLY retails ANY rod at SUB £50.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Mate of mine has several Suveran's he has just got as a BARGAIN bundle!! NOT sure what is in it but if you want let me know and I will certainly ask for you. He USUALLY retails ANY rod at SUB £50.

Cheers Guys,

Chris Goddard:Thanks for posting, I would be very grateful if you could check it out for me Chris! PM me if you get some details, cheers!

Norm B: sounds like a good set up Norm B! some of the marks I have been brought to lately are very weedy and rocky and put huge strain on my RX, I think I would be better using something more powerful for those marks.

FishingGuernsey: Thats a good price, I got my RX on offer for around the same money and love it! very nice to cast but I find it happiest being used on clean to mixed ground, although it has bags of power! great rods!

Edited by Adamskerritt