Chieftain

MARTING

Unfortunately not , mate.

I'm getting pretty much FED UP with this weather.

Booked on a 36 hour on the 24th sept , fingers (and pretty much everything else crossed ) for that one.

Also look on the Chieftain site the 24th is up as a 10 hour trip???

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye , no probs MARTING , i've never known such a bad year for the weather.

It's not been that good for George & Des either being it their first year trading. But you can't predict the weather.

As a new member to this forum, first may I say hello to all fellow anglers both male and female. and to none anglers using this site.

For the past 43+ years as a sea angler I have fished extensivly along the Yorkshire coast between Spurn and H/ Pool consontrating my boat fishing between Brid and Whitby, during this time I have fished through many changes ,tackle developements,fish stock and species changes, the developement in angling vessels and even climatic trends.

I have fished on the Chieftain with JB and his crews a good few times but unfortunatly since it's new ownership , due to my location and weather conditions the boat, weather and I have not all synchronized yet, but one lives in hope and eager antisipation, after all probably 50% of the enjoyment in our sport is the preporation and antisipation, many is the evening that running off up to Suthward or down to Northward or away Eastward, on every occasion dependent on the skippers reading of the weather over the period until our return to port, I have sat aft on the "patio" tying rigs and exchanging fishy tales with fellow anglers, all these tales like the size of fish never lost anything in the recounting.

Having said all this one of the things that over this time has stayed constant is the need to communicate, I read with inerest the web site containing reports of anglers experiences on the Chieftain and other vessels, I would make the observation that dissatisfaction grows rapidly if not delt with at the time it becomes apparant.

It has been my experience that a problem large or small that is quickly addressed stays usually at that size and does not grow out of hand into a monster that it is verry difficult not to say impossible to tame without extreme measures dissproportionate in size to the orrigional problem.

So fellow anglers be it with your tackle/ bait supplier or your skipper and crew may I respectfully suggest it may be more productive to speak with the person concerned at the time the problem/ queery arrises, if then a satisfactory out come is not forth comming maybe the forum is another option but at least given the persived cause of the queery a chance to answer on a one to one basis without going public.

Many businesses display a notice that states "if you like what we do tell your friends, if you do'nt like what we do please tell us".

May I take this opportunity of wishing the boat and crew and it's anglers all the best and keep safe.

Paddy.W

I / we should have been sailing on the Chieftain tonight (6pm) but ......as you can see outside , it's blowing its head off AGAIN. Had a chinwag with George this morning and he's very p***ed off with it all.

Next trip (fingers double and treble crossed) is Oct 1st (46 hour)

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

I / we should have been sailing on the Chieftain tonight (6pm) but ......as you can see outside , it's blowing its head off AGAIN. Had a chinwag with George this morning and he's very p***ed off with it all.

Don't know how you can put up with it Mr M. I had one cancelled yesterday but managed 3days afloat in the last month so i've had my fix. Good luck for the 1st. send us the photo's.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Carl i will put the ju-ju on for you and get you out on the 1/oct lol

Carl i will put the ju-ju on for you and get you out on the 1/oct lol

For some very strange reason MARTING i actually believe you , get "ju-ju ing" please!!!!!

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Hi...Carl,sorry no fishing...but same down here.had 4 Bass trips blown off and a couple of wrecking trips...been trout fishing instead with the fly and really getting back into it...had a chap ring me at the weekend who was on the trip I got the big one and he's going 18th july on a 94hr next year..he as places....I think at that time I wil be in Tenerife..think he as 5 places...don't think my mate will go as his mother as a heart job coming up..and my mum as just had cancer surgery..so at mo all in limbo...will go to tenerife in May or when I can...but I know I have to be there in July...all the best