winter carp fishing

carphead07

helo there !!

right firstly i need to no if carp actually do feed in the winter and if so how do i catch them

all help is appreciated

mike finlay the carpinator

They do although less actively than during warmer weather.

Less bait, longer waits.

Some carpers recommend spicy, some sweet.

If you are lucky enough to see any carp activity on top, good to move to that area and set up.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt's got it pretty much spot on.

Some waters can however be much harder than others. The lake I fish for example did 1 fish between Oct and Feb last season, despite a fair amount of angler activity. Last time I caught from the lake in winter was about 7 or 8 years ago :(.

The 'secret' is to decide what you want from your winter fishing and fish a water that can give you the right sort of action. If you want fish on the bank throughout winter, then fish a well stocked easy (winter) water.

Rob.

I reckon you'd have more chance of fish in shallow lakes rather than deep lakes.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.