What do you prefer?

carphead100

rod fishing, but must admit that i have been well impressed watching someone sitting next to me and catching really well on the pole whilst i was struggling big time on the waggler.

Haha, yer me too!!!! I only rod fish at the moment but am thinking of getting a pole rod (either that of just getting another rod). How many rods do you all normaly fish with 1 or 2?

I'm not really a fisherman, I just like to think I am.

With this being a session carp fishing forum, I would think most people will be fishing with rods. I fish with 3 most of the time and 4 in winter (and abroad) - rules permitting of course.

Rob.

Edited by RobStubbs

Dear fellow fishermen,

I was just wondering; what do most poeple prefer, pole fishing or rod fishing?

Tight Lines :thumbs:

I have dabbled with pole fishing , it just doesn't do it for me.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Haha, yer me too!!!! I only rod fish at the moment but am thinking of getting a pole rod (either that of just getting another rod). How many rods do you all normaly fish with 1 or 2?
i have fished with 4 before in france but only when i have had a long line of clear bank so that i can walk along and place the left hander and right hander in the margins and have the two middle rods out in front of me. i find 3 rods in a normal size swim can be to much for me and i am far more comfortable with two. plus i am really good at falling off my bed chair at 3 in the morning and hitting the wrong rod! so fewer the better! :lol:

Fishing, the only rule is that there is no rule!

pole fishing in my eyes seems to much hard work i know its highly productive but all that faffing about each time you catch or have to re-bait your hook!i much preffer a rod n reeli think you can play the fish better!!! however for accuracy poles probably win! I could get stung to buggery trying to stalk a carp.but with the poles that are out now you can fish from the other side of the lake! :lol: