Massive Bass

Norrie

Riptides Bass

You could have woken him up for the photo!

:D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad they're keeping up the tradition we've been doing that for centuries and you've only just noticed......

Is that why you keep returning Gareth, we keep sending you home, but like a boomerang, you just come back mate :):)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Well done Gareth what a star prize and an absolute beauty... It's got to be every anglers dream to catch a big bass.. Was this fish targeted or did it jump on while fishing for pollack...Was it caught on live sandeel or a plug ??? answers on a postcard please cheers

Edited by Onenil

Well done Gareth what a star prize and an absolute beauty... It's got to be every anglers dream to catch a big bass.. Was this fish targeted or did it jump on while fishing for pollack...Was it caught on live sandeel or a plug ??? answers on a postcard please cheers

It took a bait intended for tope. What a fantastic fish and well done to the lad for returning it; mind you if he wanted to keep it, he would have had a long swim for shore.

That's the second double figure Bass we have caught this year on tope baits and a further 4 fish over 7 pounds. All flukes because when we fish the same areas with live sandeel we get nothing but doggies.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

You need to fish a faster drift to avoid the doggies, or spin up. Bass certainly prefer a livebait to a dead as I often use deadbaits to avoid them.

Hi Toerag

Thanks for that. We are total novices when it comes to the Bass

We are fishing in a 100 ft of water. Are the Bass likely to be feeding on the bottom are chasing the joey mackerel about

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Hi Toerag

Thanks for that. We are total novices when it comes to the Bass

We are fishing in a 100 ft of water. Are the Bass likely to be feeding on the bottom are chasing the joey mackerel about

:clap2: Hi Ian, in my limited experience really big bass tend to go for easy pickings, scavenging on the bottom for dead or dying fish but they will chase large concentrations of fish, mackeral, whiting, sandeels, pout. Big bass often come to conger, tope and cod baits because they are big and easy to catch, not a lot of energy expended catching a double squid bait or mackeral flapper nailed to the bottom. I suppose they are like us really, chase everything when we're young and fit, take it a bit easier as we get older. :clap2:

Just to check if we've managed to fob you off with any more dud musical instruments....

LOL, What , Like the Spoons ??????? :unsure::P:blink:

:blink:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/