Broke my rod last night...

Chris Plumb

Hi,

Sorry for stealing this thread for a similar question...

I'm looking for a new rod for chub and barbel fishing and I was thinking about the Wychwood Barbel Rod ( http://www.chapmansangling.co.uk/acatalog/...alist_Rods.html ). It seems to say that it comes with 2 normal tips ( rated at 1.5 and 1.75lb TC ) and a third tip with 3 push in tips.... am I reading this correctly? Has anyone used this rod, how is it? Can anyone recomend a similar rod in the same price range?

Errrm

I use the Wychwood 1.75lb rods and for my money they're as good as you can get, vastly underrated with blanks far superior to rods costing twice as much. The rod I use has only one top and thats an Avon type action with loads of power

The twin top rod has two tips only, one at 1.75 and the other capable of fitting push in quiver tips of which you get three and at the prices as available good value for money

They also make eccelent close in livebait rods and I've had fish to 17lb 15oz on them

• 2 weeks later...
I use the Wychwood 1.75lb rods and for my money they're as good as you can get, vastly underrated with blanks far superior to rods costing twice as much. The rod I use has only one top and thats an Avon type action with loads of power

The twin top rod has two tips only, one at 1.75 and the other capable of fitting push in quiver tips of which you get three and at the prices as available good value for money

They also make eccelent close in livebait rods and I've had fish to 17lb 15oz on them

Thanks for the advice, my local tackle dealer convinced me to buy one after offering one to me for the same price as I'd found on the internet. Just out of interest does anyone know if it is possible to get additional push in quiver tips for rods? Do you need to go through the manufacturer or are there generic tips which you can buy?

Errrm

• 3 months later...

QUOTE(MALC2 @ Oct 11 2007, 07:27 PM)

Chris i to have an I Power no regrets at all, a superb tool, your money is well spent.

Not long now - just paid the balance - being delivered next Thursday... :thumbs:

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog