Health and SAFETY!

Chris Goddard

Our standards MUST be high!!!

post-1123-1191596485_thumb.jpg Welding Mask???

post-1123-1191596477_thumb.jpg Safety GOGGLES?????

post-1123-1191596469_thumb.jpg A REAL safety helmet!!!!

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

The thing is their trying...... How many companies over here provide PPE & training, for free and nobody wears it.

You only get one pair off eyes. :black_eye:

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

The thing is their trying...... How many companies over here provide PPE & training, for free and nobody wears it.

You only get one pair off eyes. :black_eye:

Hmmm, I see you are talking again about a subject of which you know lots !!!!!

You obviously dont work in the building trade !!

Try and work there without PPE, and you wont work for long !!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hi Norrie

I dare say things are run much better in Scotland but down here PPE is now being used as a kind of insurance policy by many of the mid size developers.

For instance, they on occasion expect subcontractors to undertake works off of unsafe scaffold and seem to think that the absence of a hard hat is a get out of jail free card, if the worst should happen. Since when did a hard hat save a guy after falling eight storeys?

I have a friend who went arse over tit on a uncovered / unmarked floor access panel. He nearly sliced his arm off when he reached out and put it straight through a window pane. Slimy b'stards tried claiming they weren't liable because he never had a hi-vis on! :rolleyes:

i can see the reason for groundworkers working in construction wearing hats but often wonder what is actually is expected to bounce of the heads of those working on the top story ,certainly not airplane proof and definitely no good if you fell off :wacko:

it would be ok if they were designed to fit correctly and give protection but they dont fit and that plastic inner bend makes life hell ,purely for decorative purposes only and no doupt the companies that run them out for probably a <£1 each are laughing their way to the bank with the markups and because their mandatory its money for old rope although in this case its money for crap plastic.

most of these "safety" bits of tat are probably suggested by the companies making them and then bribe some git on the boards of the "safety" committees to suggest it as compulsory.

not satisfied with hats theres at least 3 types of yellow jacket type "safety" gear needed by roadworkers depending on what road their working on that day :rolleyes:

even the lorry drivers "need" flourescent coats now if drivers cant see fooking lorries no coat will save the driver :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hmmm, I see you are talking again about a subject of which you know lots !!!!!

You obviously dont work in the building trade !!

Try and work there without PPE, and you wont work for long !!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well as i was a bricklayer for 20 years and now a construction assessor for one off the largests colleges in the midlands :g:

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

Well as i was a bricklayer for 20 years and now a construction assessor for one off the largests colleges in the midlands :g:

I'll see your construction assessor and raise you by one site forman with the CITB site managers qualification

I think the point being made by Norrie is that PPE is there for a purpose and thats simply to prevent and reduce construction accidents, the fact that a lorry driver has to wear hi vis vests is'nt to protect them when they are driving but to make them highly visible to plant drivers when they disembark on site to deliver goods as thats when they have most accidents

Although PPE is a statutory requirement its something that we as site managers still have to keep on top of as its our responsibility as site managers to monitor and action and should there be an accident we will cop it from the HSE if the person who had an accident was'nt properly attired

The HASAWA places a duty on everyone employed in construction to take care of their own and others safety and the HSE enforce any breach of regulations so backhanders and safety considerations are not easy bed fellows