fishing in north wales (pwllheli area)

Happy Dude

hello, seeing as i am par of the AN clique now i would like to ask for some advice on the area i am going for my holidays first 2 weeks in july.

i'm staying at the "hafn y mor" holiday park, i believe its bang on the beach not far from pwllheli, i'm not really into shore fishing much these days but i could be tempted to try spinning and plugging for bass.

i asked about bringing my boat down but i would have to leave it at the carpark at the reception and i don't fancy having to empty everything out of it after each trip.

so.... any advice on boat availability in the area would be much appreciated

thanks in advance :)

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

Hi mate,i was in Pwllheli a couple of times fishing the national sea league finals,both times it was mid may,and we stayed in same site,most of our fishing was done of the beach which runs a long both sides of the town,it was brillant fishing,dogs,ray, black bream,garfish,and loads of them,the site is not on the beach but a short car journey will take you there,all you would need for beach would be sandeel,ragworm,squid and a macky if u can get your hands on some,as for boat fishing there is always a advert in sea angler bout couple of boats which fish out of there so you could give them a ring,there is a tackle shop in town,for any frozen bait you might need,and most likely advice on mabey boat fishing,i am from scotland myself but have been to the area a number of times,think mabey shop sells ragworm as well............g.balls :P:P

[ 18. June 2004, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: goldenballs ]

it is not what you catch,it is the way you catch it.

Lochryan No 1

There is a local forum that covers North Wales, take a look at http://www.nwsa.ukf.net/ some good information on there.

Can't help with shore myself as I am just boat these days but if you want to get in touch by email or PM i will take you out for the day on my boat. Caernarfon area about 30 min drive from the camp site.

thanks for the replies lads,

the links worked out fine, i'll definitely be packing my beachcaster...better get out and practice my casting ;o)

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

I fished from a rock at the end of the beach there once, next to the marina. Can't for the life of me remember what the rock is called but think it is a well known mark with easy access....And even I managed a few decent fish!

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

what kind if fish did you get there anthony?

was it snaggy ground?

WalkingPinhead.gif

Well i'm no great shakes when it comes to sea angling, a decent session to me is no doubt an average session to some of the more accomplished on here.

Mostly doggies, but lots of 'em! :)

Not snaggy at all if I remember right, not to dicey and comfortable to fish from. Well worth checking out if you get the chance.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.