Recommended Rigs?

Sythor

Im going to be fishing the forth estuary next week, either kirkcaldy, limekilns or N.Queensferry. What type of rig would you recommend. Also what weight should i use. Im a total novice so any advice on tackle would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

I would suggest a 2 or 3 hook flapper. This basically means that the hooklenghts are left flapping and not clipped down to any bait clip. To make one is simple enough.

At the top end of your rig tie on a medium sized rolling swivel(size 6 I think). Then thread a crimp up the rig body , followed by a small bead then a small rolling swivel then another bead and then another crimp. Repeat the process one more time for a 2 hook rig and so on. Once you have your crimps, beads etc on the rig tie a lead link on to the bottom end of the rig. Now you can position your crimps by crimping them with a crimping tool. I find it best to trap the beads and swivel as tightly together as possible. Now its just a case of tying on your hooklenghts.

So what you will need to make up a 2-hook flapper is : 1 size 6 rolling swivel, 1 lead link, 2 size 10 rolling swivels, 2 hooks, 4 crimps and 4 small beads. For your rigbody you should use 50/60lb shockleader, I suggest greased weasel as for hooklengths I'd go for 20lb amnesia. A common mistake I see alot of even experienced anglers making is fishing with alot bigger hooks than they actually need. For the area you would be fishing I'd suggest size 2 kamasans. Finally to add a wee bit of attraction you should put a wee luminous bead on your hooklengths.

If you need any further info pm me.

Sythor, Do a google search for "fishing Rigs" I tried to cut and paste some for you, but they are copyrighted. There are plenty of diagrams for you to follow, especially the 2/3 hook flapper that Rab suggests. It is a very good rig, and listen to the Bead idea,if you are fishing at night, shine a torch onto them.

Rab, You have PM. :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Here you go a diagram for you mate

Posted Image

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”