our first cod trip this year

Guest sandpipper

Guest sandpipper

Hi all

i was suposed to go to work but the forcast was 2-3`s so i said forget about me working tonight to the guy in the office im going fishing, i phoned my mate clive and arranged to pick him up from his house and said we are going cod fishing get your gear out and told him where we were going he said dont be silly they dont come this far up well i said i had one last week in this spot and theirs no reason they wont be there now? of coarse i didnt have my camera with me then so he would have to take my word for it.

we got to crosshouse slipway at 3.30pm and off we went a slight ripple on the water but the wind was dying out, we got to one spot then the ashburton (police) came rushing over but by the time they got near us we slipped away from what we were doing he just gave us the look and put his hand up and went on.

then we went over to hythe and drifted for any sole that might be about but we were getting schoolie bass one after the other, so i said lets go over to the spot i was telling you about, i tied up to something i knew i shouldnt and less then 5mins yep the ashburton was back this time i got given a warning.

The wind had dropped to zero the water was like glass so we dropped anchor about 30 yards up from where i was last time, clive had a 2lb whitting then a good pout a couple of spider crabbs then 3 doggies(im sure it was the same one that kept comming back) all this time all i had was pouting, so it was time for the big baits 10 big black lug and 10 small sqidds 15mins later i said im in and its a good one ( im using a 12lb uptider+ 15lb line and 3oz weight) so im pulling this fish up real slow set the clutch, with the spotlight down the side of the boat and the fish floating about (i never brought the net) so clive grabbed it by its tale, oh yes a 5lb cod.

That was about 9pm then 10.30pm clive says ive got something big too it was pulling the boat round 5mins later there it was in the boat clives first cod,it was 18lb ive never felt so pleased for someone in my life after 20yrs of fishing together he got one.

Ps if anyone wants to know where we were pm me(you would be supprised) i wont say on here because of the netters

Tony

post-6853-1193891186_thumb.jpg

post-6853-1193891274_thumb.jpg

Edited by sandpipper

well done that man, great photos

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

I can tell you that the moment that beutiful thing came on board the boat I started shaking. I only wanted a cod but I got a monster. I wont stop smiling for a long time. I actualy wanted to go to portsmouth. Thanks Tonie.

P.S. try to ignore the insane grin in the photo!!!!!! :clap2::thumbs::yeah:

Nice one Sandpiper ;) Looks like it's going to be a bumper year :D

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Tony,Clive well done the pair of you!! GOOD to see some fish AND a smile!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))