What websites? What type of pole or whip?

Wolfie10

I am going to a takle shop on saturday the 10th so i was wondering,

What makes of poles or whips should i look out for i will need a good viarety of poles and whips beacuse the takle shop might not have 5 of my picking :wallbash:

:sun: Lets hope its sunny and i might be able to go fishing :sun:

:camera: Maybe some pictures for you all when i get back.

And then again if it isant sunny :sun: Then that weather lady's HAD it :schmoll:

:yucky: To you people who havent bin :fishing: in the last 3 months,

:fishing1:

Wolfie10 :ph34r:

!You Were Wild Once Dont Let Them Tame You!

OK so do any of the rods on this page look good:

http://www.tacklefrenzy.co.uk/fp_poles.htm

Beacuse i am desprate for a HELPFULL reply,

or any reply with an arnser really,

Wolfie10 B)

!You Were Wild Once Dont Let Them Tame You!

OK so do any of the rods on this page look good:

http://www.tacklefrenzy.co.uk/fp_poles.htm

Beacuse i am desprate for a HELPFULL reply,

or any reply with an arnser really,

Wolfie10 B)

Easy tiger - 29 minutes for a response when you've already started at least 4 other threads asking for the same information!! B) Your enthusiam is to be commended, flooding the forum with the same requests isn't!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

• 1 month later...

right im a bit confused with who im replying with here but ill have a go wolfie10 as said above ur a bit eager on people replying to u but it says your from east anglia a couple of shops u may want to try for poles and whips would be benwick in soham which has a big selection upstairs with a big stretch of the shop where u can sit and actually hold the pole at full length and get a good feel for it. there is also brundle (i think thats how u spell it) which is down in norwich next to the river again a big warehouse style shop sell alot of milo gear then there is angling direct in nowrich a good tackle shop however dont know what there poles are like and last of all townsend fishing lakes in upwell he colin there has a good selection of mainly maver poles but he has a few other makes not bad prices plus its obviously a fisherie so you can walk straight outside the shop and straight on one of the lakes with your new toy and it is fishing well at the min fished a match there yesterday and the winning weight was 50lb of carp then 46lb then 44lb then 28lb then 18lb so some really good weights and the bigger lake lads were bagging up on skimmers and bream. as for the shakespear poles i wouldnt touch them unless your planning on spending the money on there top of the range i wouldnt recomend u just settle for a cheaper version for a pole it really is true u get what u pay for ive got a maver deploy 12.5 and it cost me 300 quid from benwicks in soham and it does me brill.

As for you rare pleasures i think you need to elaborate what you want the pole for like i said to wolfie u get what u pay for isuggest you have a look on ebay they allways have some good allrounder poles going for good prices i recommend nearly all of maver poles regardless how old they are but thats prob me being a bit biased aswell or map have got a 14.5 pole on the market at the min going for around the 200 quid mark but have browse on ebay and get a feel for what your looking for then maybe post on here what pole youve seen and im sure someone will point you in the right direction.

tight lines

As for you rare pleasures i think you need to elaborate what you want the pole for

I was looking for something for general course fishing margins, something like the Maver Ready to Fish Whip but a wee bit longer maybe 6-8m.

Edited by rarepleasures

Tony

• 2 months later...

I have not looked at poles for a while as the one i have at the moment is about 3 years old!! When I was last looking, the ones i looked at were the Preston Innovations Axium 11m(which i bought), but im not sure that they are still about. Also, the 'Assassin 2' was a gudd'un but i cant remember who made it. There was also the middy 'the works' pole which is a very nice pole. Finally the Ron Thompson rock'ard looked quite nice for bringing in the larger carp. Most of those are probably in a fishing museum now but they were the main ones knocking about when I last was on the prowl, thanks.

argh what a idiot, i just realised this post is from ages ago!! The dates on here are wrong, it says my latest post in this thread was the 12th August 2007, incase you didnt realise, its 2008...... :P

I think the clue was when I said it was new for 2008.

What I thought waas unusual about it was that it was take-a-part rather than telescopic.

Tony