A niche in the market?

gozzer

You are partially right, in that I do associate Islamic extremists with guns and bombs, as I do with any body or group that use terror tactics to achieve their goal.

This can (and does) include some serving political bodies.

In this case, the company was promoting it's product by using some of the basic essentials of the Islamic faith.

so am i right in thinking your main reasoning for commenting on extremists was because the car is targeted at islamic faith ?

it seems very narrow minded gozzer. im sure alot of people could look past this but not you.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this have to go on any further, tell me to shut up if you want but come on guys cant we just leave it as a mis-understanding, for what its worth John I don't see a problem with your post,

Scott.....

Does this have to go on any further, tell me to shut up if you want but come on guys cant we just leave it as a mis-understanding, for what its worth John I don't see a problem with your post,

Scott.....

You're quite right Scott, this has gone on too long.

I apologize to those that have had to read some of this, and do realise that while it might have had some slight entertainment value, it's now become boring and predictable.

I have tried to put my case but to no avail, and have a headache from the brick wall. ;)

So I'll agree to differ with Andy, and leave it at that.

Would some mod please put us out of our misery and deal with this thread, thanks.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Guest Shots for fun

Hello all,

Reading all the principle posts on this thread has left me in a state of bewilderment.

John you make an original post which in itself was harmless enough on face value a little bit of lighthearted banter lets say and knowing the way in which you have conducted yourself and your posts in the past is clear that was your intent, IE lighthearted banter a bit of fun.

There are people that could and have obviously taken it the wrong way, my opinion is though, that instead of trying to justify what you did and trying to make out that it is the objectors own prejudices that are the problem you should have just apologised for any misunderstanding at the start and thread would have been dead and buried.

Most posters and readers of posts understand where you were coming from they i guess can also understand the opposite view, sometimes an apology is the best way forward and not trying to blame the objectors.

Regards to all on AN.

Hello all,

Reading all the principle posts on this thread has left me in a state of bewilderment.

John you make an original post which in itself was harmless enough on face value a little bit of lighthearted banter lets say and knowing the way in which you have conducted yourself and your posts in the past is clear that was your intent, IE lighthearted banter a bit of fun.

There are people that could and have obviously taken it the wrong way, my opinion is though, that instead of trying to justify what you did and trying to make out that it is the objectors own prejudices that are the problem you should have just apologised for any misunderstanding at the start and thread would have been dead and buried.

Most posters and readers of posts understand where you were coming from they i guess can also understand the opposite view, sometimes an apology is the best way forward and not trying to blame the objectors.

Regards to all on AN.

Good very good summary of this nonsense... so over to you John.

Good very good summary of this nonsense... so over to you John.

I replied personally to the member who posted the "Good very good" post, Neil.

I gave him the reason why I believe I have nothing to apologise for. He seemed to understand my stance, and he thanked me for taking the time to explain.

A courtesy that you apparently seem reluctant to extend to me, when I asked for the meaning of the PM, concerning this thread, that you felt you had to send me last night.

Over to you Neil. :P

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I replied personally to the member who posted the "Good very good" post, Neil.

I gave him the reason why I believe I have nothing to apologise for. He seemed to understand my stance, and he thanked me for taking the time to explain.

A courtesy that you apparently seem reluctant to extend to me, when I asked for the meaning of the PM, concerning this thread, that you felt you had to send me last night.

Over to you Neil. :P

John.

Oh come off it John you know and I know that PM was just a one liner from me thanking you for the entertaining banter and keep it up. To suggest on here it was anything other than that is mischievous. However I do see a link with your other comments via email and now PM about folk who support you.(your Muslim friend and now this) Just what sort of game are you playing John?

If you would like to print my pm to you and your reply please do.

Oh come off it John you know and I know that PM was just a one liner from me thanking you for the entertaining banter and keep it up. To suggest on here it was anything other than that is mischievous. However I do see a link with your other comments via email and now PM about folk who support you.(your Muslim friend and now this) Just what sort of game are you playing John?

If you would like to print my pm to you and your reply please do.

Hello again Neil,

Since this thread is still here I will make one last post, anything else please PM me.

I did not know what your PM was about, hence my question, "What are you up to Neil"?

(Why is it some people assume they know what I'm thinking?)

I also said that I could keep it up until the thread was blocked, but had concerns about Andy taking it so seriously. I then said I would see how the thread went.

An after thought was that maybe you had sent a similar PM to Andy, and were playing us off against each other. (Your reputation precedes you I'm afraid).

As to my email to my friend, I can do very little, but if Richard, (Shots for Fun) was willing, maybe he could confirm my reply to his post. Incidently, I never said he supported me, just that he understood my actions and motives.

The 'game' you ask about is one that happens on here often, and one you know very well. Up here it's called "Playing Silly Buggers" (or 'Beggars' in polite society), you might have a different name.

The object of the 'game' is to waffle and banter on a thread, either through boredom, or because it can have a slight entertainment value to the posters, and some of the readers. (My past exchanges with HV are an example). This can work well to an extent, so long as all parties are aware and trust each other. The 'game' fails when a other party who is not 'in the loop' joins in, then it can get nasty. (Hence my concerns about Andy). Experienced 'players' realise this and will stop, or ease off posting.

You seem to ignore this 'rule' and appear to want the thread to continue to it's demise.

These are my last words on this thread, which as been manipulated so far from the original subject and intent I can hardly believe it.

John.