Australian Carp Fishing

carp_et

Hello.

Australian magazines that it treat topics about carpfishing? ...... Tahnks.

Kind regards.

Adriano

No Australian carp fishing magazines that I know of, they are hardly discussed here and the only people who are likely to fish for them are anglers who have come here from England.

Originally I come from England too and I used to fish for carp there, but there are far mopre interesting species of fish in the ocean near where I live. Not only do they fight better than any carp I have ever caught but a lot of them are damm good eating fish too.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

That is one strange looking critter in that photo Chevin.

Nice looking fish though.

:D

I am fairly certain that it is a koi carp Newt. Primarily they are an ornamental fish, certainly I have seen ponds teaming with them in China which, I believe, is where they originated. They grow much bigger than that and fight like the wild carp that used to be reasonably common in the UK. They are put into drainage ponds just to keep them free of insects and various types of food thrown to ducks. With the temperatures here bread and the like soon tends to decompose and butulism develops which kills off the ducks people have been trying to nurture.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

I thought the fish was probably a koi.

However, the fish weren't the 'strange critter' in that photo. :whistling:

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Adriano - you share a first name with a really great bull rider in the States, Adriano Moraes. He is from Brazil but now living full time up here.

http://www.pbrnow.com/ridersbulls/riders/rider.cfm?ID=486

Australia has quite a few riders who are doing well too.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt! You will keep! :clap:

Hi, we live in "aussie"

We have "read-up" on all the different types of carp rigs, and have tried them, but have never yet even had a "bite".

We have fished in waters here in "aussie" that are supposedly "crawling" with Carp, but alas, we have never received the tinyiest "bite".

What are we doing wrong ?

Is carp fishing in "aussie" different ?.. different rigs?... different bait?

Can anyone help us please

Keen "wannabe" (tryhard) carp fisherman

carp_et@yahoo.com

Where abouts are you fishing in Australia? Ever tried Australian natives?

Here you go, mate....

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Aussie-...tml&hl=carp

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.