Hemp seed to become illegal.....

Si...

Thats all very well but the question is still "are canabis seeds and hemp seeds still one and the same".

The laws regarding Cannabis Seeds are based on the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs 1964.

Here it was stated exactly which parts of the hemp plant are illegal and which parts are exempt. It is stated that both the fiber and seed of the hemp plant are exempt from the controlled status of the convention.

There is provision in the law for individual Countries to annex additional laws regarding the penalties and tolerance of cannabis at their own discretion but the separation of fiber and seed is a different matter.

We were unwilling participants in the test case that defined the lines with regards to selling cannabis seeds and also grow shop products. The definitions resulting from our court case are the guidelines used by the UK industry today.

There are several articles written on our court case including a recent piece in Skunk Magazine. If anyone's interested in just how the law regarding cannabis seeds was defined in the UK as well as the details of the court case, please find it on our history page at http://www.original-ssc.com

Funnily enough, we are now based in Spain, where the laws are far less restrictive regarding the production of cannabis seeds, it is the reason why many of the top breeders from Holland are now moving production of the cannabis seeds to Spain.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Errr, thats nice then... Did I read the date right or is my flux capacitor on the blink again?

Renrag

Edited by Renrag39

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-hemp-seeds.htm

a quick scan if the www brings up alot of information, alot from dodgy websites but alot that seems based in (at least reasonable) fact.

both are from Cannabis sativa but hemp has been cultivated over the years to reduce the levels of THC compounds; it is in fact cultivated to produce higher yields of plant fibre as we know.

from what ive read its not possible to get high smoking hemp simply due to the vastly lower THC levels in it...

so im guessing that they are a completely seperate genus of plant from the Cannabis sativa species; simply because by now they are cultivated to be utterly different in many fundamental ways; or at least they should be classed as such!

Yep. For a long time trends have diverted the strains into 2 main directions that I know of, one for consumption relating to drug use (not all bad, it does have some medical benefits) and the other regarding fibre usage. I would reckon they deserve at least sub-species distinction too.

Sorry for being facetious.

Renrag

Edited by Renrag39

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Ive just re read this thread and must say that Cory has the patience of a Saint! I think some of my posts come over rather abrupt and rude! Certainly weren't meant to be but I would like to apologise regardless!

Now worried about any other posts I have made! Strange how things you've wrote look so much different a few years later!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

The glory of retrospect in fabulous technicolour Budgie! Its all in good fun and general debate I guess, wonder how I'll feel seeing some of my recent posts come up in several years time? If they do that is lol.

Renrag

The glory of retrospect in fabulous technicolour Budgie! Its all in good fun and general debate I guess, wonder how I'll feel seeing some of my recent posts come up in several years time? If they do that is lol.

Renrag

Yes indeed mate! Quite worrying. I have long thought that articles I have wrote look a lot better to me years after writing than they did at the time but this is the opposite and quite worrying. I think I come across as both thick and rude :(

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Yes indeed mate! Quite worrying. I have long thought that articles I have wrote look a lot better to me years after writing than they did at the time but this is the opposite and quite worrying. I think I come across as both thick and rude :(

mate we have all been there and done it! LOL!

its the problem with forums; we hammer away at the keyboard and click the "post" button and then a few minutes, an hour, or longer later we re-read whats been posted and think...DOH! :D

i always think of it all like being in a pub...alot of the discussions we have would not sound half as bad if we were all facing each other over a beer across a table in a pub! face to face you pick up that little sarcastic look, the hint of a smile on the face of someone ripping the **** out of you, and of course you can tell when someones really annoyed or not!

on a forum you just have words and, depending on the mood of the person reading them, they can change dramatically!

even on here i recall the "camo" conversation thread and at the time things got quite heated between watatoad and myself...

i ended up PM'ing him and sorting it out..turns out we both share quite a few interests and chances are if we ever met or had a drink together we would have alot to talk about and might become buddies...who knows...

i think in general we "know" when its getting too close to the bone and when people are truly offended in a forum....least i hope we do!

and all ive seen on this thread is decent debate and thoughts so far!

Had a similar experience on the Universe thread. I think a lot of it is that we often take more time to consider what we post and then decide to play devils advocate, either to stir the pot or merely to voice another point of view that we may or may not actually believe in.

I guess it goes both ways, either heat of the moment 'tappity tappity, grrr, send' or 'hmmm, what if I put...'

Renrag

Had a similar experience on the Universe thread. I think a lot of it is that we often take more time to consider what we post and then decide to play devils advocate, either to stir the pot or merely to voice another point of view that we may or may not actually believe in.

I guess it goes both ways, either heat of the moment 'tappity tappity, grrr, send' or 'hmmm, what if I put...'

Renrag

LOL! i cant say ive ever sat here and thought " i know what will wind this thread up some"! LOL

maybe i should...hmmmm <_< LOL