Video camera wanted

Cameraman

I've been experimenting with a vehicle mounted camera, both forwards and rearwards to some degre of sucess. I've put some of the results below. Once you get used to the angles using the remote is relativley easy. Shooting at 3 - 4 frames a second produces the best result. I also use an image stabilising lens set to AV not TV.

People also now want to see images of themselves on video, U tube type things.

Now vehicle mounts are not the problem, the expense of the camera is!! I'm worried about damage.

What I want is advice on what sort of camera to use. Cheapness being the most important factor as it will undoubtably be left out in the mud and rain unlike my EOS. I would also like the ease of memory cards of discs for quick changes.

Has anyone any experiance of this or can you offer advice as with videos its a whole new world to me.

These are the results of my gutter mounted EOS, which I have nighmares about damaging.

IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_2127.jpg

IMG_2221.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

50 views but no replies?

I was hoping that someone might have tried this too, but not to worry, back to the drawing board so to speak, invention being the mother of necessatity :lol:

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

If you want to leave any camera exposed to mud and rain, you need some kind of water proof (or at least splashproof) housing for it, Sony make housings for their cameras, some of which include hot shoes or base plates for mounting to magic arms or sucker mounts.

There was a recent thread about video camera recommendations, the summary of which was go for mini DV above any other format, and if you can afford a 3 CCD model, so much the better. Most cameras from the major suppliers will be adequate, but don't bother paying extra for huge zoom etc, go for a more basic model with less features but better quality glass.

Jon.