Kayak anchor line storage.

For a while now Ive been looking at different ways to wind and store the anchor line on the Kayak.

I have been playing with a retractable washing line cassette.

It holds about 45ft of line, which is ok for shallow anchoring.

Im looking for one that holds a bit more than that.

Maybe the retractable dog leads would work too??

If I can find one, it will be a good addition to the kit.

When pulling the anchor, the line winds itself onto the reel, leaving both hands free to pull the line in.

Just a thought.

yy :)

[ 02. May 2005, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Yakity - Yak - u.k. ]

if its sea water proof

what about 2 pretty chrome stantchions one each side as you pull line up a figure of 8 coiling will look very neat and serve as something else when its full ,rod rest or something devilish

[ 02. May 2005, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hi Chesters,

Doubt we will find one that is aea water proof :(

A good rinse in fresh water after a trip will help though, and a squirt of wd40 or the likes.

Space and storage is very limited on the Yaks, and weight is a consideration too, otherwise I would love stainless all over the Log :D

The joys of.......a ?

weight? if its hollow fill it with helium or fit wheels,outriggers would look really cool and perhaps a sail or two or stuff,why dont you get a real boat

what about a mini yak as a trailor for your telly and bait cooler ,cooker and bed

[ 02. May 2005, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

ummmmm, What you suggest is of course food for thought.

However, I will not sacrifice the BAR for such minor luxuries as a cooker etc. :D

The outriggers would come in handy when the BAR shuts mind you.

A real boat........been there , done that, many times.

Not enough challenge anymore, infact, boring by comparision.

Guess Im just a wild child Chesters :D

I think finding the right 'rope' will be the key.

What I'd really like would be something like a 'mega' braid rather than rope, strong but thin. After all the load on it will be much less than a regular boat, but you wouldn't want to go so thin as to have a cheeswire!

Then you could use anything from a side cast reel to a motorised downrigger :)

Anybody know what parachute cord is like these days?