Vertical jigging enthusiasts

Steve Walker

Thanks Steve!

Problem is all braided lines manufacturers either lie about the breaking strain (bs is right) or the diameter or both.

Would be interesting to see in the flesh!

Rich

• Like 1

I got some of this in the heavier breaking strain from a local shop. Its certainly strong and it the diameter is ok (maybe a tiny bit thick). I'm keen to try the thinner version:

http://www.korum.co.uk/Item_KSN-B#.Vj_U1nanw0M

I've decided that there is no such thing as a managable thin braid which you can trust. The trust worthy 8lb braids are underrated bs, the thin ones are too thin to be reliable.

Edited by Kappa
  • Like 1

Thanks for that Steve, another one on the 'possible' list!

I'm really wary about buying blind now, as Rich says the claims rarely stack up in real life, one way or another.

Also...it has to be yellow ;) A personal thing I just can't avoid!

For vertical jigging in deep water, I'm sure there's a sweet spot somewhere out there with a braid that's thin enough for difficult conditions while being sturdy enough not to wory about it wearing or breaking all the time, but I haven't found it yet. The 6.6lb PP I've been using recently has been good so far, but it's not round enough in profile to win the prize...

For casting from the bank I think you want something very durable and relatively thick, both to avoid wind knots and to slow the drop of the lure. So for that, I'm perfectly happy with standard 10lb PP.

• Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I have some 8lb 8strabd braid that is high VI's yellow from aliexpress and it is thin, round and as tightly woven as you could wish. 500m was cheap as chips.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.